1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 19:00
    Originally posted by moonbus
    the message log under "my games" shows both sides of the conversation, whereas the "my messages" features shows only half the conversation..
    A further update will include the "conversation" view, rather than individual messages for PMs. Right now, some features are the way they are because of the existing Android client.

Both will be updated in parallel with improvements like this.

BTW : Smileys are not supported in messages.
  2. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 20:01
    Looks pretty good 🙂 Some observations - apologies for anything duplicated from above.

iphone 6s; some testing over wifi, some 4g.

1) It maybe i'm just getting old, but the majority of the text is very much on the small side!
    2) Ladders page: each time a new ladder is selected, the content is displayed, then overlayed with "ladder loading...", this seems back-to-front
    3) If you click on the "support" link, the keyboard comes up as normal. on touching the three horizontal line icon, the menu appears, but the keyboard doesn't go away.
    4) From a game I can't find "go to next game" option (from the menu "Game Options"😉.
    5) from the "game notes pane" tapping the "game message icon" does nothing (whereas tapping the "<" clears the game notes pane). same the other way round.
    6) from "All notifications" there's a pop-up which states "you have no notifications" which vanishes (rather quickly... see note about old age). it might be more helpful leave it on-screen.
    7) the rating graph against oneself zooms (I wasn't expecting that 🙂) but it's hard to do without selecting a game! The instant one touches the graph "on-a-game" it's selected, without giving time for a pan/zoom
    8) [I can't replicated this with a repeatable action] playing about on a player's profile (mine in the test case) the application has quit several times
    9) from a game, the menu items "Game notes" and "Send Game Message" seem to be duplicated by the icons on the top of the screen.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 20:15
    I can zoom the rating graph by pinching w two fingers. The trick is to touch a white area of the graph, not on the green line.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 20:17
    Originally posted by Russ
    A further update will include the "conversation" view, rather than individual messages for PMs. Right now, some features are the way they are because of the existing Android client.

Both will be updated in parallel with improvements like this.

BTW : Smileys are not supported in messages.
    Ta.

I won't miss emojis.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 21:021 edit
    I have a test game running. My opponent and I have been sending messages back and forth with our moves. Just now I could not get the "reply message" function to work. I pushed the green "reply" button, and got a system response, 'the message will be sent with the move' -- but the text input window disappeared, no chance to type any message. It worked yesterday. Did something change?

PS now it works again. I shall keep testing and try to figure out what I did differently, if anything. Very superstitious.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Feb '17 22:433 edits
    Now the message reply doesn't work again. Looks like a glitch.

Have tested the following in a running game so far:
    castling through check (system refused, as expected)
    castling out of check (system refused, as expected)
    castling after the king had previously moved (system refused, as expected)
    pxp e.p. (system performed as expected)

Looks like the move-engine is clean.

The iPad app updates almost immediately a move is submitted via web-browser on another computer concurrently logged on, even w/o pushing the "refresh" button. Very good code there, Russ. Kudos!
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '16
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 01:352 edits
    I'm testing on my iPod touch 5 and the only issues I've noticed so far is that:

-I'm not getting notifications letting me know when opponents move

-in the open invites I can't click on a users name to pull up their profile

-somehow I keep accidentally opening played games on the rating trend chart and it will sometimes crash the app.

Also noticed that the subscriptions page in the app does not show the full price when the device is held vertically.
  8. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 04:58
    Originally posted by Russ
    What appears to be the problem? You literally can't drag the pieces?
    When I first logged on I had the same issue. That is because I did not know we had to drag our pieces. This may be his situation as well.
    I had used the andriod option previously....
    That is why I struggled to move as well for the first few minutes.
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '10
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 06:51
    Not necessarily a glitch but I play on the Iphone. The app will reflect an incorrect number of games in play. Example: My PC says I have 215 games to make moves in. The App will say I have 149 games to make moves in. If I close the app and re enter, the 149 will change to 215. So its a refresh delay?
    Not an issue to me though. Just mentioning it.
    So far also I have used the app for my playing needs and no problems encountered yet.
    I do use club forums but not looked at on the app.
    Because currently.... if you launched the app tomorrow, then I am happy with it.
    Waiting in queue at a bank with my phone.... making moves will be my only concern at that moment and not bantering in the forums or setting up club tournaments and so on.
    So, so far so good 🙂
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 16:10
    I have a test game running. My opponent and I have been sending messages back and forth with our moves. Just now I could not get the "reply message" function to work. I pushed the green "reply" button, and got a system response, 'the message will be sent with the move' -- but the text input window disappeared, no chance to type any message. It worked yesterd ...[text shortened]... hall keep testing and try to figure out what I did differently, if anything. Very superstitious.
    I think the UI is causing confusion here. The reply text box is present directly below the in game message.

On the next beta (2 days?) the cursor will be inserted, ready for typing, when any message is displayed.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 16:16
    Originally posted by Costad
    The app will reflect an incorrect number of games in play. Example: My PC says I have 215 games to make moves in. The App will say I have 149 games to make moves in.
    Do you mean on the app notification, or in the app itself (on the slide out menu)?
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 16:18
    Originally posted by Costad
    That is because I did not know we had to drag our pieces. This may be his situation as well.
    Okay, that explains. Hopefully this will not be a major issue in the future, but I'll be prepared now if it is.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 16:20
    The iPad app updates almost immediately a move is submitted via web-browser on another computer concurrently logged on, even w/o pushing the "refresh" button. Very good code there, Russ. Kudos!
    I think you are giving me too much credit there. A refresh will be required, unfortunately, if you leave the app open on the "My Games" view. Clicking off a iPhone notification though will give you the updated list.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 16:29
    Originally posted by Ryan McDonald

Do you mean phone notifications, or email notifications? (An email outage occurred over the weekend)

This is as designed, but I will look at making all name's clickable to profile

-someh ...[text shortened]... es not show the full price when the device is held vertically.
    This view is scrollable
    Comments below
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 16:302 edits
    Originally posted by Ryan McDonald

Do you mean phone notifications, or email notifications? (An email outage occurred over the weekend)

This is as designed, but I will look at making all name's clickable to profile

-somehow I keep accidentally opening played games on the rating trend chart and it will sometimes crash the app.

Touching the graph (and lifting your finger) will launch a game view. Dragging with two fingers will scale the graph without this behaviour. But it really should not crash. This will be investigated

Also noticed that the subscriptions page in the app does not show the full price when the device is held vertically.
    This view is scrollable

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree