1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 03:29
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I do not for a moment suppose that sandbagging is what you want to accomplish. I presume that what you want to accomplish is the continuance of Metallica's winning streak.

You can waffle on all you want about the professed intentions behind your methods, it's irrelevant; the effect is the same. There is not a level playing field here, and you figur ...[text shortened]... ur methods to the n-th degree and tilted the field so much that no one could ignore it any more.
    They did not extrapolate ANYTHING I have done.
    They flat out colluded to garner points that were not earned.
    We played our matches and won a good share of them.
    We NEVER colluded with ANYONE on anything.

What robbie and mctayto did was not chess at all.

Now you can try to spin this anyway you like, but I am not going to be a party to this BS.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 07:07
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Read my reply to moonbus.
    You people need to learn to think outside of the box a bit.
    Or else pay attention to the multitude of times I have responded to this query,
    with all responses being the same.
    The sand bagging is just an unintended side benefit, eh?

It may not be your primary motivation for having your members resign games that aren't lost, or draw games that are completely won. But your dismissal of the clan community's concerns about this unfair advantage gained is exactly what has put you in your present situation.

You had a good long run. Russ isn't going to fix this. Time to move on.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 11:44
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    They did not extrapolate ANYTHING I have done.
    They flat out colluded to garner points that were not earned.
    We played our matches and won a good share of them.
    We NEVER colluded with ANYONE on anything.

What robbie and mctayto did was not chess at all.

Now you can try to spin this anyway you like, but I am not going to be a party to this BS.
    It's not about collusion. Collusion is a separate issue. No one is accusing Metallica of collusion. Robbie and McTayto adopted collusion as a tactic to demonstrate how thrown games skew the system. Thrown games skew the system whatever the rationale for it may be. Allow me to refresh your memory: you stated that you consider it fairplay to drop games, regardless of board position, to 'free up resources' and move on to other challenges. That's your rationale. Call it some other name than "sandbagging" if you want to; the effect is the same as sandbagging.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 16:241 edit
    It's not about collusion. Collusion is a separate issue. No one is accusing Metallica of collusion. Robbie and McTayto adopted collusion as a tactic to demonstrate how thrown games skew the system. Thrown games skew the system whatever the rationale for it may be. Allow me to refresh your memory: you stated that you consider it fairplay to drop games, ...[text shortened]... some other name than "sandbagging" if you want to; the effect is the same as sandbagging.
    Using your rationale, when you take in a breath of air, even though you are doing so to sustain your life,
    you are simultaneously robbing someone else of that breath of air.

Therefore, your act of breathing is potentially killing someone else.

Your problem is you "perceive" something one one consequence, and lambast it
    because you fail to see the true reason for the action. The fact that multiple results
    can occur from one action does not predicate that that action is wrong or one way.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 19:231 edit
    It's not about collusion. Collusion is a separate issue. No one is accusing Metallica of collusion. Robbie and McTayto adopted collusion as a tactic to demonstrate how thrown games skew the system. Thrown games skew the system whatever the rationale for it may be. Allow me to refresh your memory: you stated that you consider it fairplay to drop games, ...[text shortened]... some other name than "sandbagging" if you want to; the effect is the same as sandbagging.
    Just so we are all on the same page....

Robbie and McTayto and others did not adopt collusion for the good of the site !!

They have behaved like malcontents for years.
    And have been driven by obsession and envy for as long as I have been here.
    They have hurled so many accusations lacking substance or merit that the general audience has started to believe them.

We have (yes, I am a member of Metallica) have consistently challenged them to come up with something to back up their claims.

The best they have come up with is a couple of examples from hundreds or even thousands of games !!

Robbie once even dug up a game of mine from 18 months back that might (and I am being generous here) have passed his standard of proof.

Nothing compared to the slam dunk evidence we have presented to the clan forum on their collusion.

Robbie and cohorts have readily admitted to their actions claiming a response to their suspicions on activities of other clans and individuals.

Robbie has consistently accused me of sandbagging for years.

Feel free to look at my game library and come to your own conclusions !!
    My game library is open for all to see !!

Seeing people come to someone else's conclusion has gotten a bit tiresome.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree