1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 20:251 edit
    I have been a little quiet recently regarding site changes, so I just wanted to post a quick update.

Currently tied up with IOS (IPhone/IPad) client. This is right off the release of the Android version, which has taken up much of my time this year.

The IOS version may be delayed again though, as a required server change will likely become a priority soon. This is never trivial.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 00:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    I have been a little quiet recently regarding site changes, so I just wanted to post a quick update.

Currently tied up with IOS (IPhone/IPad) client. This is right off the release of the Android version, which has taken up much of my time this year.

The IOS version may be delayed again though, as a required server change will likely become a priority soon. This is never trivial.
    The Android app tells me I lost when I give checkmate, and tells me I can time them out when they're on vacation (and doesn't tell me why the timeout attempt didn't work).

In the rush to move on to new projects, things are getting overlooked.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 01:58
    Perhaps the biggest irritant is many "network errors" when my phone's connection isn't great.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 20:10
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Perhaps the biggest irritant is many "network errors" when my phone's connection isn't great.
    Not a lot I can do about this one. A reliable connection is required.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 20:131 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The Android app tells me I lost when I give checkmate, and tells me I can time them out when they're on vacation (and doesn't tell me why the timeout attempt didn't work)..
    Please report issues so they can be investigated/fixed as you encounter them.

These two will be looked at, as a minor update is coming to the Android app. The rush to IOS is to provide an app for core site functionality, the full feature parity with Android will come after the first couple of releases, but it is important to get a native IOS app out there ASAP.
  6. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 23:38
    Please report issues so they can be investigated/fixed as you encounter them.

These two will be looked at, as a minor update is coming to the Android app. The rush to IOS is to provide an app for core site functionality, the full feature parity with Android will come after the first couple of releases, but it is important to get a native IOS app out there ASAP.
    Weird. I've experienced no issues at all. Nice app!
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Oct '16 08:51
    Originally posted by jertamev
    Weird. I've experienced no issues at all. Nice app!
    That is good to hear. I should, of course, also start any comment about the apps with :

Please make sure you are running the latest build before reporting bugs
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Oct '16 16:13
    IOS so far :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLjGMHzglYY/?taken-by=redhotpawn

It does exist! 🙂
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 20:122 edits
    The IOS version is taking all available development time. It won't be released in 2016, but should be very nearly complete, other than testing (Phase #1, anyway), before new year rolls around. I can say this confidently as I am starting to be able to use some parts of the app with live data now.

Phase #2 will be tournaments, ladders and subs and will follow very soon after the first release.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 22:00
    I always look at "site announcements" when I go on the forums so i'm up to date.
    I only hope all the updates to do with modern technology(I haven't a clue what IOS , apps and phonepads are) don't affect us poor old dinosaurs using desktop computers.
    One of the programs I have on my machine still uses windows 3.1.1!!
  11. Here
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 06:04
    Originally posted by venda
    I always look at "site announcements" when I go on the forums so i'm up to date.
    I only hope all the updates to do with modern technology(I haven't a clue what IOS , apps and phonepads are) don't affect us poor old dinosaurs using desktop computers.
    I'm with you. I wish some of the more important things like the Clan situation was sorted out before going on to these modern things. Things which it not fixed soon could lead to a lot of people leaving the site altogether, Then the new things will never be needed
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 10:462 edits
    Originally posted by venda
    The Android/IOS (iPhone/iPad) versions are just clients to play on the site. And they only offer a subset of core site features, so don't worry, web will always be lead "platform" for RHP. The mobile apps are very important for the site's future now as they are another avenue for people to discover the service (rather than just the web site) now Google/Web Search is less important.

The downside, it is a phenomenal amount of work, and using more new tech that has to be learned. (It really is endless...!)
  13. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 14:09
    The Android/IOS (iPhone/iPad) versions are just clients to play on the site. And they only offer a subset of core site features, so don't worry, web will always be lead "platform" for RHP. The mobile apps are very important for the site's future now as they are another avenue for people to discover the service (rather than just the web site) now Google/Web Se ...[text shortened]... enal amount of work, and using more new tech that has to be learned. (It really is endless...!)
    Understood, and thanks for taking the time to reply
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 15:10
    IOS version will be in beta shortly.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Jan '17 22:36
    IOS version will be in beta shortly.
    Only thing is, I'm playing happily on my iPad and iOS. The iPhone has one or two slight problems but perfectly playable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree