Standard memberRemoved
Science 22 Dec '16 03:06
  1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 08:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead...
    As for 'explaining myself' I think it was obvious what I meant to the poster. ...
    Which explains why he had to guess at your meaning.

What pisses me off about you is that while you are very smart and educated and noisy, your brain isn't very available for picking. You don't seem to be looking to share. You seem to be all about posturing.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 09:04
    Originally posted by apathist
    What pisses me off about you is that while you are very smart and educated and noisy, your brain isn't very available for picking. You don't seem to be looking to share.
    Ask me any question you like and I will try my best to answer if it isn't too personal. My brain is always available for picking to those that ask. Those that merely accuse me of trolling because they don't like the fact that their argument is bad are just sore losers.

You seem to be all about posturing.
    Says the poster whose only contribution to this thread so far is posturing while trying to attack me because you didn't like the way the discussion went in another thread.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 09:06
    Which explains why he had to guess at your meaning.
    Tell us what you think:
    If you have two buckets of water at different temperatures and you mix them, will the resulting temperature ever be anything other than in between the two temperatures? Is that obvious to you or did you have to work it out?
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 12:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Ask me any question you like and I will try my best to answer if it isn't too personal. My brain is always available for picking to those that ask. Those that merely accuse me of trolling because they don't like the fact that their argument is bad are just sore losers....
    Merely saying 'you're wrong' doesn't constitute an argument. But that is your main hole card. It really seems like fishing. Arm wrestle!
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 12:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead...
    Says the poster whose only contribution to this thread so far is posturing while trying to attack me because you didn't like the way the discussion went in another thread.
    I realize you hate me for crushing you with stuff you didn't expect. Every time we duke beyond a feint or two. Arm wrestle!
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 12:52
    Tell us what you think:
    If you have two buckets of water at different temperatures and you mix them, will the resulting temperature ever be anything other than in between the two temperatures? Is that obvious to you or did you have to work it out?
    I get that. You offered no explanation in your first post here. That is what I've pointed out. Why is merely popping in to say 'you're wrong' sufficient in your book? You're busy moving on to the next thread, right. Like fishing.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 12:53
    Arm wrestle!
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 13:13
    Arm wrestle!
    You seem to be all about posturing.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Dec '16 13:17
    I get that.
    Is it obvious to you or not?

You offered no explanation in your first post here.
    I didn't realise I needed to. I assumed he had asked the question wrong as I clearly stated.

Why is merely popping in to say 'you're wrong' sufficient in your book?
    And what exactly are you doing in this thread other than popping in to criticise me for no other reason than you got embarrassed in the other thread?
    Have you considered the possibility that saying 'your wrong' might be inviting questions for further explanation? I note that you don't actually have any such questions and there aren't actually any topics for which my explanations have not been adequate for you as instead of asking such questions you are sitting there complaining. Seriously you are not in a position to be criticising other peoples posting style.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 06:21
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    "The difficulty with using sledge hammers to crack nuts is that the chances of making a mistake diverge. What you are really doing here is taking a weighted average. So we have (M + m)T = MT_c + mT_h. I found your working difficult to follow because of the problems of notation in a text only interface and latched onto the minus sign in the eventual resul ...[text shortened]... or a neurosis which does not allow you to pass by the ignorant is irrelevant to me 🙂 ...Thanks
    I'm happy to check your working. Don't worry about the other thread, I'm pretty thick skinned.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Dec '16 18:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead... I note that you don't actually have any such questions and there aren't actually any topics for which my explanations have not been adequate for you as instead of asking such questions you are sitting there complaining. Seriously you are not in a position to be criticising other peoples posting style.
    I have much grounds for objection, but surrender and hope you really have a good
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 02:211 edit
    Because the exact relationship is not so obvious and I have not checked your work. Besides, DeepThought who is clearly better at such things than I has already done so.

[b]I directly asked you that question, you completely ignored it, and now you are trying to tell me what I should be asking instead.

DeepThought had already answered your question ...[text shortened]... add till the paint in the bucket is perfectly white? Do you need a mathematical proof to answer?[/b]
    "Let me give an analogy. If you have a bucket of Red paint, how much white paint must you add till the paint in the bucket is perfectly white? Do you need a mathematical proof to answer?"

Let me give you an analogy. There is in existence a 300 page paper proving that 1+1 = 2.

So, congratulations: you've correctly stated the "obvious". You have also learned absolutely nothing...
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 07:40
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    Let me give you an analogy. There is in existence a 300 page paper proving that 1+1 = 2.
    I do not understand the analogy. Perhaps you can explain?

So, congratulations: you've correctly stated the "obvious".
    Well it was obvious to me. I didn't realise it wasn't obvious to you.

You have also learned absolutely nothing...
    Neither, apparently have you. You are too upset to listen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree