1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 05:40
    in quantum chess, you can never be checkmated because your King will be in two places at once ! It's a great way to play chess and never lose !
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 06:36
    Originally posted by ogb
    in quantum chess, you can never be checkmated because your King will be in two places at once ! It's a great way to play chess and never lose !
    But, of the same reason, my queen will also be at multiple places at the same time, and can mate your king in every place simultaneously.

When, in quantum-chess, you promote a pawn on the last row, you don't just promote it to a queen, but to every legal piece, at the same time!
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 09:19
    Originally posted by ogb
    But if your king is in check in one square, ir's being observed by the checking piece. This observation collapses the king's wave function, at which point he'll be in one position after all, and the mate will still work.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 09:334 edits
    Every game will begin and end in stalemate because, before either players makes a move, both players will be in checkmate for the opponent's queen (and all other opponent's pieces) will be on every square so there will be no escape of the king from it; the king will be in check.

If it wasn't for this, not sure how the rules for pawn promotion would work but, given the immediate stalemate, they wouldn't.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 11:56
    Originally posted by ogb
    Ummm...better go back to the drawing board. Quantum Chess is simply...Chess.
  6. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    21 Jun '17 21:58
    your Queen would NOT be in two places at once..because u need to observe it first. Otherwise all the pieces are where they are supposed to be. When a King is in check, it is observed
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 02:29
    Originally posted by ogb
    your Queen would NOT be in two places at once..because u need to observe it first. Otherwise all the pieces are where they are supposed to be. When a King is in check, it is observed
    Which gives me an idea. Invisible chess. All pieces are invisible until observed by any opponent piece. Any visible piece may be able to move to an unobserved square and poof! Where did it go?

Fog of war!
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 05:51
    Originally posted by apathist
    Which gives me an idea. [b]Invisible chess. All pieces are invisible until observed by any opponent piece. Any visible piece may be able to move to an unobserved square and poof! Where did it go?

Fog of war![/b]
    What you are referring to is mutli-dimensional chess. String Theory chess will be played in 11 dimensions. But only see the board in your own dimension. shouldn't be too hard..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree