1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 11:07
    Some say no ... http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 11:562 edits
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Some say no ... http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html
    I talked about that in my last post on the 'test to prove Earth spins' thread. The thing is, if you believe the speed of light is really the speed limit of the universe for matter ( not for space, different subject) it means at a distance of about 40 billion Km from Earth, anything outside that radius with Earth at center, would be going faster than the speed of light.

With that in mind, which flatasssers probably understood, they instead posit a dome which spins around Earth that contains all the stars, like a planetarium projecting images of stars on this dome. So it is well under that 40 billion km distance and there are these nonsense site trying to show rockets hitting the underside of the dome🙂

Which is curious since we have probes about 10 billion km out now and no dome in sight🙂

But that doesn't bother the flatassser set. It is a religion to them and as such no evidence we provide will sway them. The reason they think Earth doesn't spin is because someone in their crazy world actually understands a modicum of phyics and a flat pancake Earth spinning like it does would produce very immediately measureable effects, like the tendency to be flung off the edge near the 'Antarctic Ice Wall' they posit. So, Earth CANNOT spin in their mythology.

To them, Earth is THE center of the universe, OBVIOUSLY, and the entire rest of the universe therefore revolves around Earth.

This leads to many self contradictory rationalizations, like the sun is only a thousand miles off the surface of Earth and rotating around the edge like a yo you on a string, not explaining why there are such pesky details as sunrises and sunsets....

Or the idea if the sun was this small planet sized ball a thousand miles up, why on a flat Earth some 40,000 km across, and the sun 1600 odd km up, why Earth directly under such a sun would be a LOT hotter than that at say 16,000 km away, just basic trig and arithmetic would show them that, the inverse square law would show that at ten times the distance there would be 100 times less heat from that planet sized star. And that is only relatively close, at 32,000 km away, still on the flatasss Earth, it would be 1/400th of the heat received by this close sun. And of course now you have to also posit Earth's moon as being even smaller or close to the same size as the sun since they cannot explain or rationalize away the fact the moon sometimes blocks the sun so it has to be even closer than that sun....

The whole house of cards starts to break down at that point, and I have other arguments to throw in they haven't even begun to address. But hey, it's THEIR religion, they can think what they want, Earth doesn't give a shyte what they think......

The proof of the religious aspect of flatasssers is this: Freaky is a card carrying flatassser and he has refused to continue talking to me, being a one trick pony, unable to process any of the arguments I threw at him so just goes back to his hole and retreats to the safety of his flatassser religion.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 07:46
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Some say no ...
    And who really cares what 'some say'?
    If they have rational arguments to back up what they say, then bring it on. If they just say it, then they are really no different from most other humans in that they believe something that is false but can't back it up.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 08:591 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And who really cares what 'some say'?
    If they have rational arguments to back up what they say, then bring it on. If they just say it, then they are really no different from most other humans in that they believe something that is false but can't back it up.
    All humans believe in things based on beliefs that must be accepted and can't be backed up.

Only many people are either too ignorant or too stupid to realize it.

I am not too sure which is the case for you. Are you too stupid or too ignorant?

Sorry, made a mistake in judgement there, it could be both.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 10:262 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    All humans believe in things based on beliefs that must be accepted and can't be backed up.

I am not too sure which is the case for you. Are you too stupid or too ignorant?

So you figure it's not the truth or falsehood of a belief Earth is flat, it is respect the belief. Even if they are idiots. Well, for some things, I can't. Flatasssers are one I cannot in any regard respect.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 12:36
    Agreed. And when the more intelligent amongst us realise it, we loose those beliefs.

Agreed.

What made you think I didn't realise it? Too stupid or too ignorant?

You are just pissed that Trump won the election after you voted for him. Now you are polluting the science forum with your unwarranted personal attacks on me.

So, are you a flat earther like Freaky?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 13:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you figure it's not the truth or falsehood of a belief Earth is flat, it is respect the belief. Even if they are idiots. Well, for some things, I can't. Flatasssers are one I cannot in any regard respect.
    I did not say that. Perhaps you should try reading it again. I'll let you know when you get it right.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 13:41
    Agreed. And when the more intelligent amongst us realise it, we loose those beliefs.

Just goes to demonstrate your ignorance, stupidity or both.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 14:00
    I did not say that. Perhaps you should try reading it again. I'll let you know when you get it right.
    So all humans have belief's they can't prove. And what are we to make of that? Stating the obvious? I sense a certain amount of arrogance in your stance.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 15:52
    Just goes to demonstrate your ignorance, stupidity or both.
    Your lack of explanation tells me you don't actually believe that. Can you support your belief in my ignorance or stupidity or both? Obviously not. You just say it because you dislike the fact that I am smarter than you. (and you hate libtards).
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 16:342 edits
    "beliefs that must be accepted and can't be backed up"?
    What is the reason for this "must" here?
    Why "must" any of us "accept" any irrational belief at all? I see no reason.
    I am sure there are many humans that happily don't accept any irrational belief and are surviving just fine.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 19:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So all humans have belief's they can't prove. And what are we to make of that? Stating the obvious? I sense a certain amount of arrogance in your stance.
    The obvious isn't so obvious to some people.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 19:36
    Originally posted by humy
    "beliefs that [b]must be accepted and can't be backed up"?
    What is the reason for this "must" here?
    Why "must" any of us "accept" any irrational belief at all? I see no reason.
    I am sure there are many humans that happily don't accept any irrational belief and are surviving just fine.[/b]
    That means that if you believe it you must take it on faith without proof.
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 21:081 edit
    That means that if you believe it you must take it on faith without proof.
    I take it then you cannot answer a few very simple questions about your assertions.
    That means you don't know what you are talking about.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 00:08
    Originally posted by humy
    I take it then you cannot answer a few very simple questions about your assertions.
    That means you don't know what you are talking about.
    I am sure that is how you take it. You are one of those true believers who can't see the obvious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree