1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 23:26
    Published yesterday in the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1610300#t=article

"The patient had no focal neurologic findings and no hyperreflexia or increased muscle tone. His overall score on the Glasgow Coma Scale was 13 (scores range from 3 to 15, with 15 being normal); his scores for eye response and for verbal response were 4, and his score for motor response was 5. He had intermittent periods of “zombielike” groaning and slow mechanical movements of the arms and legs."

Sounds like a real life X-files episode. Maybe we were right to ignore climate change, given that we're all doomed anyway.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 00:47
    Originally posted by wildgrass
    Published yesterday in the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1610300#t=article

"The patient had no focal neurologic findings and no hyperreflexia or increased muscle tone. His overall score on the Glasgow Coma Scale was 13 (scores range from 3 to 15, with 15 being normal); his scores for eye ...[text shortened]... files episode. Maybe we were right to ignore climate change, given that we're all doomed anyway.
    Gawd darn, lucky y'all got guns, innit.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 01:584 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Gawd darn, lucky y'all got guns, innit.
    Yep...I love me some guns!

Just think, if you were turned into a zombie you would finally percieve the world through the lens of the common man. That ought to be high up there on your wish list...you know...because of how lonely it must be, being that your so intellectually superior to the general populace and all...
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Dec '16 05:351 edit
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    Yep...I love me some guns!

Just think, if you were turned into a zombie you would finally percieve the world through the lens of the common man. That ought to be high up there on your wish list...you know...because of how lonely it must be, being that your so intellectually superior to the general populace and all...
    Hey man, it's no joke. It is lonely at the top.

There are so few of us, and we have very little empathy for our own kind... it's awful. 😞
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Dec '16 13:40
    I'm relieved that he isn't a fast zombie. whew
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 16:52
    Originally posted by apathist
    I'm relieved that he isn't a fast zombie. whew
    Also a relief that it's not a pathogen so he can't infect others.

But with enough drugs in the system, conceivably the zombie phenotype could be transferable with a bite.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Dec '16 13:45
    Originally posted by wildgrass
    Also a relief that it's not a pathogen so he can't infect others.

But with enough drugs in the system, conceivably the zombie phenotype could be transferable with a bite.
    Hey, that might make a great TV show......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree