1. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 00:34
    So an island is home to 100 greeneyed people. They are there against their will. The beings cannot talk, but they can understand words. They do not know what collor eyes they have, but there is a rule: if you can go to the nightwatchman and tell him what color eyes you have with proof, then you are free to go.
    Of course, with all of the petitions for no greeneye slavery, the headwatchman makes a deal. 1 person can come in (you in this case) and tell all 100 greeneyed people 1 thing, but here's the catch. You can't tell them something they didn't already know. If you were the person coming in to talk, what would you say to set all of them free?
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 18:23
    New handle I see. Did you mean Bungalow Joe?
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 19:18
    Originally posted by BongalloJoe
    So an island is home to 100 greeneyed people. They are there against their will. The beings cannot talk, but they can understand words. They do not know what collor eyes they have, but there is a rule: if you can go to the nightwatchman and tell him what color eyes you have with proof, then you are free to go.
    Of course, with all of the petitions for no ...[text shortened]... eady know. If you were the person coming in to talk, what would you say to set all of them free?
    You wouldn't say anything because you are one of the beings that cannot talk.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 19:302 edits
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    You wouldn't say anything because you are one of the beings that cannot talk.
    I think he means you aren't one of the islanders but a liberator who lands on the island and want's to set the people free..
    So you have to tell them something they don't know.
    What about after taking photo's of all the islands occupants as proof you say to them "You all have green eyes"
    Or "I recently saw a dead person who jumped out of a hot air balloon" and Andrew Kern can verify it!!
    Or "I've just dragged my bruised and battered body to the edge of this field on this island which is called the green eyed people island and in my final dying breath I wish to tell you that you all have green eyes"
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 21:042 edits
    Originally posted by venda
    I think he means you [b]aren't one of the islanders but a liberator who lands on the island and want's to set the people free..
    So you have to tell them something they don't know.
    What about after taking photo's of all the islands occupants as proof you say to them "You all have green eyes"
    Or "I recently saw a dead person who jumped out of a hot air ba ...[text shortened]... eyed people island and in my final dying breath I wish to tell you that you all have green eyes"[/b]
    Oops, you're right.

Okay, I would say to those people "Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them like this."
    "NO, your index finger! And yes, I know my eyes are blue... I meant look at everyone in your group."
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 21:21
    Oops, you're right.

Okay, I would say to those people "Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them like this."
    "NO, your [b]index
    finger! And yes, I know my eyes are blue... I meant look at everyone in your group."[/b]
    Don't understand what you're saying my friend.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 22:372 edits
    Don't understand what you're saying my friend.
    If no one points at anyone else, and you are one of the green eyed people, it would be proof that your eyes are green. I'm not sure if this would be proof the night watchman could accept, unless he was in the room with you and the 100 green eyed people. The fact that no one would be pointing to anyone else would have to be sufficient proof that all of their eyes are green and they all know it.

The goal is to set them all free, so with the watchman there as witness I would say:
    "Look at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them..."
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 13:15
    If no one points at anyone else, and you are one of the green eyed people, it would be proof that your eyes are green. I'm not sure if this would be proof the night watchman could accept, unless he was in the room with you and the 100 green eyed people. The fact that no one would be pointing to anyone else would have to be sufficient proof that all of the ...[text shortened]... ook at one another, and if you see someone whose eyes aren't green point your finger at them..."
    I see. It's a bit like the interview puzzle with the black and white spots on the forehead.I can't remember the exact set up but the person who first identifies his spot does so by saying my spot must be (white or black )because we've been sat here for 10 minutes and nobody else has identified their spot yet.
  9. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 16:29
    Of course, with all of the petitions for no ...[text shortened]... eady know. If you were the person coming in to talk, what would you say to set all of them free?
    sorry, let me clarify that.
    Thay cant talk to anoter in any way. no secret codes or anything keik that.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 18:221 edit
    Are night-watchman and head-watchman the same person?
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 20:34
    More clarification please.
    Do you mean you are one of the hundred, in which case the text should say tell all the other 99 people 1 thing?
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 22:42
    More clarification please.
    Do you mean you are one of the hundred, in which case the text should say tell all the other 99 people 1 thing?
    I don't see how that could work if none of the green eyed people are able to talk/tell/say anything.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 22:56
    If the green-eyed people cannot talk, how can they tell the watchman what color eyes they have?
  14. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 00:54
    Are night-watchman and head-watchman the same person?
    irrelevant
  15. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 01:07
    Originalwly posted by HandyAndy
    If the green-eyed people cannot talk, how can they tell the watchman what color eyes they have?
    telepathically.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree