1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 03:28
    Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong forum--I figure the people posting puzzles would know best.

I want to create a puzzle. But, the prior move must be known, so the solver can be aware that en passant is a possible move. (opponent pawn has just advanced 2 squares). I don't see a way to do this.

Also, the default "mate in 1" puzzle verbiage gives the puzzle away. The idea is, I want a "play your best move" with other options being tantalizing.

Obviously this would be a 'just for fun' puzzle for players in about the 1100-1200 range, but the idea is, white wins with en passant discovered double checkmate.

So. Do I have to be a paying member to get the 2 options I'm looking for, or, is there no way to do it period.

Thank you,
    Tom
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 May '17 17:36
    Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
    Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong forum--I figure the people posting puzzles would know best.

I want to create a puzzle. But, the prior move must be known, so the solver can be aware that en passant is a possible move. (opponent pawn has just advanced 2 squares). I don't see a way to do this.

Also, the default "mate in 1" puzzle ...[text shortened]... er to get the 2 options I'm looking for, or, is there no way to do it period.

Thank you,
    Tom
    Go to Chess Puzzles (link at bottom of page) and click on Create Puzzle.
    I don't think you need to be a paying member. I'm not a subscriber, and I was able to click on and get into the Create Puzzle area. After that it's just a matter of creating the puzzle. I've never done it, so hopefully it's more or less self explanatory.
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 17:56
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Go to Chess Puzzles (link at bottom of page) and click on Create Puzzle.
    I don't think you need to be a paying member. I'm not a subscriber, and I was able to click on and get into the Create Puzzle area. After that it's just a matter of creating the puzzle. I've never done it, so hopefully it's more or less self explanatory.
    Thanks for replying. I've already done that. I'm looking for options that are not available but hoping if I'm a paid member they will become available.
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 May '17 23:461 edit
    Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
    Thanks for replying. I've already done that. I'm looking for options that are not available but hoping if I'm a paid member they will become available.
    I don't think being a subscriber changes anything when it comes to creating a puzzle.
    Here's a link to info on subscribers. I went there and clicked on "Subscriptions" and then"Please 'click here' for more details", but there's not much to see and it says nothing about puzzles.

Help : sub
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    05 May '17 04:28
    Thank you!
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 May '17 05:50
    The puzzle thingy is a new feature of the site, and it probably hasn't got fully developed yet. I would expect that subs and nonsubs have equal facilities here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree