1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 23:03
    Originally posted by Ragwort
    I don't suppose there were any of his CC games in there were there? I read some annotations online a few years ago that suggested he played more sharply than he liked to OTB.
    Not that I can tell. The games are all of the strategic variety- plenty of exchange sacrifices and queen vs two pieces types of games, but the tactics in the book are all in the service of strategy.

He played some King's Gambits in CC, I believe, and they would be nice to see!
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 10:165 edits
    Originally posted by BoardReader
    Hey all, just wondering what your favorite book(s) are. Currently I'm looking at Exploiting small advantages. Quite enjoyable book 🙂
    Give me Chess Informant any day! The middle and endgame problems in any Informant contain a treasure chest of information. Playing through the games of your chosen openings and defences will arm you with new weapons you can use. Playing through the annotations will give you a deeper understanding of the position. You don't need the latest edition to benefit from them either.

I would give an honorable mention to: Winning at Correspondence Chess by Tim Harding

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree