1. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 01:33
    RHP games of strange resignations, setting traps for opponents, and then seeing them fall into them. Accidentally giving the game to the other player because we don't calculate deep enough in simplifications. And a game from when I had no idea what I was doing, that I'm very proud of winning.

Blog 321
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 14:01
    Very good again Hikaru.
    By the way,how do you post the pgn's without having to post the whole game?
  3. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 16:301 edit
    Thanks for the nice comments–

You can look at any PGN by using the 'reply and quote' feature, or clicking the 'PGN' button below.
    However in general the way to start a from a particular position (which sometimes takes a lot of trial and error, as the PGN viewer is finicky) is to use the 'SetUp' tag. See below a fragment from the blog which I've copied and pasted. The pgn tag goes before and after as usual, but the addition is that the [SetUp "1"] and [FEN "Whatever the FEN is"] are added. The moves then continue below. If having trouble, check the move numbers to make sure they line up. Also, the viewer only accepts the straight quotes, and the typeface I usually prepare the blog in had curly quotes before I modified it, so that tripped me up for a while. Best of luck!

–HikaruShindo
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 14:48
    Originally posted by HikaruShindo
    Thanks for the nice comments–

You can look at any PGN by using the 'reply and quote' feature, or clicking the 'PGN' button below.
    However in general the way to start a from a particular position (which sometimes takes a lot of trial and error, as the PGN viewer is finicky) is to use the 'SetUp' tag. See below a fragment from the blog which I've copi ...[text shortened]... P1PP1PPP/R1B1R1K1 b - - 0 1"]
    1... Qf5 2. Nfd4 Qh5 3. g3 Ng4 4. h4 Bxb5 [/pgn]

–HikaruShindo
    Thanks.
    I'll try it someday.
    A "FEN" is the actual board position.
  5. Subscriberflyingcod
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 20:191 edit
    I'll post this one, as I really played poor only to realise near the end white had blundered somewhat and it was 24 ... Bf3 to give me mate in one. I'd call this a fluke win! 😀

Edit: Great blog, Hikaru!

Game 11791274

fc
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Aug '16 09:00
    Fluke wins count. Definitely. And your fluke loses will haunt you the rest of your days. I know, I've had a few, too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree