1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 06:15
    ShallowBlue and Others,
    Have you all seen how fast professional games go in the openings? However, is it true that some professional players move standard opening moves without critical considerations as opposed to Garry Kasparov who tries to have an advantage from Move 1?
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 22:251 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Hooray, I've joined a real chess club! And this time it's not an informal club where we just sit around and shove wood as we like, at any tempo we like, but a proper one with notation books and clocks.

Ah, yes, and there's the problem. I won my first game, last week, but in a decidedly sloppy way, and the main thing to notice about that ...[text shortened]... rse, but any useful, practical tips on this area of game management would be deeply appreciated.
    A training tool that was used by the soviet players was to make all your middle and endgame moves in the same amount of time, if your time controls are 40 moves in 90 min. go for 2 min. per move. This will be uncomfortable at first, but after 5-10 games it will become more automatic. This will help you manage that clock a bit better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree