1. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 May '16 12:08
    I have posted this before. - In my point of view. It is critical - to make people staing, playing on this site.

Raising my hand for NEED FOR more moderation of 'tournaments page'. For a 'better' tournament page.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I have feldt the need for : More moderation of the 'tournaments page'. For a looong time. Now there is not much use in entering a tournament past page 2 on the tournament page.

Those tournaments on page 3 and more. will TAKE FOREVER UNTIL STARTED.

There is NO POINT in this. We have to raise our voices to make an end of this folly.

This is the kind of tournament i would like to have deleted (as a start): On page 5 of tounament page. '2010 November'. Club tournament. No one in that club has moved for OVER FIVE YEARS TIME. No one has entered this tounament. EASY DECISION. Delete it of course.

----------------------------------------------

New tournaments created means this (from my point of view). More average time for a tournament to start.

Someone need to moderate this folly. To delete tournaments. There is of course NEED FOR RULES, guidelines, of how this 'deletion' would be done.
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    29 May '16 14:30
    Originally posted by bikingviking
    I have posted this before. - In my point of view. It is critical - to make people staing, playing on this site.

Raising my hand for NEED FOR more moderation of 'tournaments page'. For a 'better' tournament page.
    I have feldt the need for : More moderation of the 'tournaments page'. For a looo ...[text shortened]... ournaments. There is of course NEED FOR RULES, guidelines, of how this 'deletion' would be done.
    ???
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    29 May '16 16:44
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    ???
    Tournament 3357 is an example of what he is on about. It's these long standing part filled club tournaments that require some housekeeping.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    29 May '16 17:03
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    ???
    Surely it's up to the club leaders to delete the private tournaments they've created when it's obvious they're never going to start?
    Even if they don't what harm are they doing?
    I don't see the problem.
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    29 May '16 17:07
    That was my thought, but I also thought I may have been missing something. Apparently not.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    30 May '16 02:29
    1st world problems....
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    30 May '16 13:21
    It is probably something that isn't worth getting quite so worked up about, but I take your point. I did suggest some years ago that the tournaments be turned over to some sort of "User moderator team" so that the community could tackle sandbagging and what have you.

I think the site became really fragmented when the clubs and user tournaments were implemented. The site lost some of it's character somehow. RHP needs a massive revamp if it is to survive IMO. When you look around at what is available online now, this site has become really dated in comparison, which is a shame.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree