1. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 03:13
    Mark Taimanov and Urii Eliseev (he died en passant)
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 18:00
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Mark Taimanov and Urii Eliseev (he died en passant)
    Taimanov was a real gem, professional classical pianist besides being a strong grandmaster.
  3. Joined
    17 Feb '15
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 02:271 edit
    it's a shame
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 10:46
    Originally posted by windmills
    it's a shame
    Same age as Fidel.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 12:06
    Tragic loss of Eliseev. He jumped from balcony to balcony as he had played chess.
    I blame grayness of Russia, no other distractions except ugly scyscrapers, which call for crypto-suicide. .
    Reveal Hidden Content
    GM Daniil Dubov reported the incident on Facebook. He wrote in Russian: 'Last night a close friend was tragically killed. A brilliant chess player and an analyst, one of the most talented people I knew — Yuri Eliseev. He tried to climb out the window onto the balcony of the twelfth floor, but it broke. I will write a lot more, but not now.'
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 13:09
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Tragic loss of Eliseev. He jumped from balcony to balcony as he had played chess.
    I blame grayness of Russia, no other distractions except ugly scyscrapers, which call for crypto-suicide. .
    [hidden]GM Daniil Dubov reported the incident on Facebook. He wrote in Russian: 'Last night a close friend was tragically killed. A brilliant chess player and an ...[text shortened]... the balcony of the twelfth floor, but it broke. I will write a lot more, but not now.'[/hidden]
    I don't find Yuri on Fide rating list, there are a couple of other Eleseev's listed in the 2300 range though, one Russian and the other Ukranian.
  7. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I don't find Yuri on Fide rating list, there are a couple of other Eleseev's listed in the 2300 range though, one Russian and the other Ukranian.
    This BBC article from a couple of days ago may give you more information. Sounds like a young talent cut off in his prime, and the spelling of his name may be more accurate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38129713
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 16:22
    Originally posted by Ragwort
    This BBC article from a couple of days ago may give you more information. Sounds like a young talent cut off in his prime, and the spelling of his name may be more accurate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38129713
    The article said he was GM at 17 but I still didn't find anything under their spelling either on the FIDE rating site.
  9. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 20:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The article said he was GM at 17 but I still didn't find anything under their spelling either on the FIDE rating site.
    I think you will find that is because he is brown bread (dead).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree