1. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 08:50
    Please refer to the below thread and join me in protest:

Thread 172282

cenerentola is killing tournaments for a great many users on this site, purely due to
    the fact that most "top tier" tourneys have the higher rating band of 2999 implemented,
    when these could be segmented much more efficiently and fairly,
    say for example 1700-2000 as per thread title.

I've posted it here because I know it would get more attention.

Might post under 'site ideas' also..... or hell, even the clan page.
  2. Joined
    14 Apr '15
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 15:30
    I won't play in any more of these "banded" tournaments until this nonsense stops. May have to turn to clan play.
  3. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 19:30
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    Please refer to the below thread and join me in protest:

Thread 172282

cenerentola is killing tournaments for a great many users on this site, purely due to
    the fact that most "top tier" tourneys have the higher rating band of 2999 implemented,
    when these could be segmented much more efficiently and fairly,
    say for example 1700 ...[text shortened]... ould get more attention.

Might post under 'site ideas' also..... or hell, even the clan page.
    Totally agree. I have given up entering Tourney,s. I just play Open Invites now.
  4. Joined
    03 Jul '13
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 08:15
    Originally posted by Steve45
    Totally agree. I have given up entering Tourney,s. I just play Open Invites now.
    Same for me.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 10:55
    Originally posted by pzn2pawn
    I won't play in any more of these "banded" tournaments until this nonsense stops. May have to turn to clan play.
    The clan system has its own problems. Reform has been promised, but, if I were you, I'd wait to see whether the promise is fulfilled before jumping in.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 00:10
    Why can't we just ban the bastard and be done with it?
  7. Joined
    28 Jun '07
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 04:30
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    This. RHP does not need the likes of Cenerentola.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 07:14
    Because it isn't done with it. It's like banning weeds from a garden: they come back. Such people simply re-register under a different moniker w a different eddress and carry on as before.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 19:13
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Because it isn't done with it. It's like banning weeds from a garden: they come back. Such people simply re-register under a different moniker w a different eddress and carry on as before.
    So what? Ban the next one, and the one after that. And keep their subscription money each time.
  10. setlagole
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 18:35
    Ladiea and getlemen leave Cenerentola alone. The gentleman is our number one. Let's give the respect he needs.
    Please accept my apologies if I have misuderstood your points. I am merely a 1100 rated player.

Tahotsho
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 19:22
    Originally posted by Tshotsho Khalapa
    Ladiea and getlemen leave Cenerentola alone. The gentleman is our number one. Let's give the respect he needs.
    Please accept my apologies if I have misuderstood your points. I am merely a 1100 rated player.

Tahotsho
    He's our number one engine cheat. He has no skill at chess. He deserves only disrespect and that's all he'll get from me.
  12. setlagole
    Moves
    26 Apr '17 05:16
    He's our number one engine cheat. He has no skill at chess. He deserves only disrespect and that's all he'll get from me.
    Sir, You just offered me good advice as to how I can possibly reach 1900. I will do my best to reach that level in two or three years. Maybe I will see your point then. As of now I am lost. I cannot understand why our number one is accused of using engines. I think the gentleman is a genius. Maybe we can learn a lot from him before he retires. Read his profile, he said he use to play live chess until he was adviced to stop by his doctor. He may even donate his collection of his openings to people like me. I like the guy. I think he is our great chess player.

I still thank you sir, for your advice.

Tshotsho.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 06:021 edit
    Sir, You just offered me good advice as to how I can possibly reach 1900. I will do my best to reach that level in two or three years. Maybe I will see your point then. As of now I am lost. I cannot understand why our number one is accused of using engines. I think the gentleman is a genius. Maybe we can learn a lot from him before he retires. Read ...[text shortened]... y. I think he is our great chess player.

Tshotsho.
    I'll make it as simple as possible.

Chess computers are very strong and can easily beat the very best humans on the planet.

Any chucklehead can make an account on a chess website, use a chess program to make their moves, and attain the #1 ranking on a site.

It is possible to identify these chuckleheads by feeding their games into a chess program and matching their choices with the program.

Cenerentola is such a chucklehead. His moves match the choices of a chess program an absurdly high percent of the time - higher than any human world champion has achieved.

Thus, he is a cheating bastard, bereft of any chess ability, whose need for adulation is so pitiful that he cheats people to gain a high ranking on an anonymous online website.
  14. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    01 May '17 09:53
    Sir, You just offered me good advice as to how I can possibly reach 1900. I will do my best to reach that level in two or three years. Maybe I will see your point then. As of now I am lost. I cannot understand why our number one is accused of using engines. I think the gentleman is a genius. Maybe we can learn a lot from him before he retires. Read ...[text shortened]... y. I think he is our great chess player.

Tshotsho.
    He,s not our number 1 at all. Another reason to back this up is the fact that his opponent average rating hardly ever reaches 1600. I count a number 1 as someone who plays and beats 2000+ players reguLary, an cenerentola certainly does not do that.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 May '17 20:11
    Originally posted by Steve45
    He,s not our number 1 at all. Another reason to back this up is the fact that his opponent average rating hardly ever reaches 1600. I count a number 1 as someone who plays and beats 2000+ players reguLary, an cenerentola certainly does not do that.
    He definitely found a way to improve his rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree