1. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    19 May '17 23:11
    This event has to be one of the biggest jokes FIDE has foisted on the chess world. How can you have a 9 round Swiss event with only 18 players? There are going to be some mighty weird pairings the last 2 rounds! And the players are putting in almost no effort-lots of 15-20 move draws, thought those was illegal!
  2. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    19 May '17 23:35
    Overall the Grand Prix series is a 27 round event.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 May '17 03:59
    Originally posted by sundown316
    This event has to be one of the biggest jokes FIDE has foisted on the chess world. How can you have a 9 round Swiss event with only 18 players? There are going to be some mighty weird pairings the last 2 rounds! And the players are putting in almost no effort-lots of 15-20 move draws, thought those was illegal!
    A 9 round Swiss event with only 18 players?? That's pretty silly. I wonder who dreamed that one up. There must be dozens of good players who can compete in this event. Oh well, it won't require much furniture. 😀
  4. Standard membersundown316
    The Mighty Messenger
    The Wood of N'Kai
    Moves
    22 May '17 14:45
    Event was "won" by Chinese GM Dong Liren. Next up-the super tournament at Stavenger, Norway, next month. According to reports all of the world's top 10 are playing in that event, making it probably the strongest in history.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree