1. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 04:31
    "the truth is uncovered by studying games or analysis unearthed from the crypt of forgotten chess ideas, which sometimes come back to life like the Mummy released from its tomb.

Memorizing Games, often begins by trying to decipher the hidden intentions and ideas of GMs and other strong players, but its true motive is more quixotic: to crack the code of chess itself by examining hints from those who have most deeply plumbed its mysteries -- those imagined to be, like the Priory of Sion, the keepers of the Grail. I admit it is a crazy notion, at least once you carefully examine it, knowing full well that even GMs can fumble their way through theory, or construct elaborate magic acts to perform at the board which are revealed as hollow once you know the trick. "

(The Kenilworthian)
  2. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    13 Nov '15 01:48
    How is your exchange ruy going?
  3. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    13 Nov '15 12:46
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    How is your exchange ruy going?
    I'm lazy, I am still in week 1,

the problem with the method is to find a game with annotations from many different sources
  4. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    13 Nov '15 21:40
    I agree with that. One option is to try a more famous Ruy Exchange game like Lasker - Capablanca?

Otherwise, I would start with truly famous games - for example

Morphy - Isouard
    Karpov - Spassky
    Botvinnik - Capablanca
    Spassky - Bronstein
    Fischer - Spassky (game 1 and game 6 famous for different reasons)

older games are better the less strong you are as the plans are typically not parried by the other master and so you can see strategic ideas played out to completion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree