1. Joined
    05 May '14
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 05:37
    has anybody ever lost their wifi connection while submitting a move on this site. happened to me twice trying to make the same move against the same player. has never happened with other players.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 18:28
    Originally posted by bes257
    has anybody ever lost their wifi connection while submitting a move on this site. happened to me twice trying to make the same move against the same player. has never happened with other players.
    Yeah, I know that guy ... stay away, he's 1337.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 10:46
    Originally posted by bes257
    There is an app I have on my android called Wifi Analyzer, it shows all the Wifi's in the area, and the relative strength of the signals. My own shows a level of -40 db, which is a very strong signal.

At a hotel I go to, the Wifi sucks, my analyzer shows their Wifi at -80 db, 10,000X weaker. Not usable, you might try it to at least see if your own Wifi signal is good.
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 11:16
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There is an app I have on my android called Wifi Analyzer, it shows all the Wifi's in the area, and the relative strength of the signals. My own shows a level of -40 db, which is a very strong signal.

At a hotel I go to, the Wifi sucks, my analyzer shows their Wifi at -80 db, 10,000X weaker. Not usable, you might try it to at least see if your own Wifi signal is good.
    ..if you live in a congested area you might want to play around with the band. I think there are 14(?) bands. If you are using a band that is close to a lot of other wifi signals in your location then it can cause yours to be intermittent.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 05:43
    A dropped wifi connection will not have anything to do with RHP or which player you are playing or what move you are trying to make. It has solely to do with the access point(s) &/or sources of RF interference in your immediate vicinity. Public hotspots are very variable in the quality of service they offer.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Apr '16 11:06
    Originally posted by moonbus
    A dropped wifi connection will not have anything to do with RHP or which player you are playing or what move you are trying to make. It has solely to do with the access point(s) &/or sources of RF interference in your immediate vicinity. Public hotspots are very variable in the quality of service they offer.
    Yes, hackers have no way to hack a wifi at least over the net. It is just a transponder.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree