1. Tampa
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 13:24
    How do you handle it? I am new to playing here and as the game goes I have found myself in some losing situations. Sometimes very obvious. What is the protocol when you find yourself in an almost certain death. And your King is cowering in a corner only to be taken?
    Is it courtesy to resign, or concede the game? I have noticed sometimes the opponent has trouble putting the End together . And sometimes I can find an escape. What is the general practice and how do you handle it?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 13:31
    If you think your opponent knows how to finish you off, then resign as a sign of respect. If you doubt your opponent knows how to carry it through, make him prove it. You can judge this by reviewing some of his other games; they are all available under his profile page.

If you are in doubt yourself, how to bring the game to a conclusion, play on -- you might learn something.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 13:51
    Originally posted by simple mind
    How do you handle it? I am new to playing here and as the game goes I have found myself in some losing situations. Sometimes very obvious. What is the protocol when you find yourself in an almost certain death. And your King is cowering in a corner only to be taken?
    Is it courtesy to resign, or concede the game? I have noti ...[text shortened]... . And sometimes I can find an escape. What is the general practice and how do you handle it?
    Many people around here will simply start playing as slowly as possible, hoping that you will get distracted from the game and they can then claim the skull.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 19:00
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Many people around here will simply start playing as slowly as possible, hoping that you will get distracted from the game and they can then claim the skull.
    You are new to playing here?
    It say's on your profile that you joined in 2008.
    Have you taken over someone else's account?
    There may be some players who slow time ,but i think "many" is an exaggeration
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by venda
    You are new to playing here?
    It say's on your profile that you joined in 2008.
    Have you taken over someone else's account?
    There may be some players who slow time ,but i think "many" is an exaggeration
    I seem to run into them more often than I like. Yes, many is a relative term.

Nice to know that you agree those people are out there.

I avoid them by playing 1 day with some bank games. They can stall for a bit, but their bank runs out. I only run into this kind of thing when I play people with multiple days per move.
  6. Tampa
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 00:37
    I have played some. But joined this forum in December. I have played 12 games here. Not sure of the 2008 reference.

Thank you
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 02:33
    Originally posted by simple mind
    I have played some. But joined this forum in December. I have played 12 games here. Not sure of the 2008 reference.

Thank you
    That comment was aimed at me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree