1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 00:19
    Hi all,

My "real world" Club, the Clermont Chess Club in Clermont, Florida USA has a blog, and I recently added an entry about the match rules and how Karjakin can literally draw his way to the World Championship.

It's shoddy rule-writing, and a low point for FIDE in my opinion. Here's the link to the blog:

http://clermontchessclub.blogspot.com/
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 00:47
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Hi all,

My "real world" Club, the Clermont Chess Club in Clermont, Florida USA has a blog, and I recently added an entry about the match rules and how Karjakin can literally draw his way to the World Championship.

It's shoddy rule-writing, and a low point for FIDE in my opinion. Here's the link to the blog:

http://clermontchessclub.blogspot.com/
    At least today he won a game, so we can write that off. The fact that he can win with draw odds is a debatable feature at this point, I suppose!
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:39
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    At least today he won a game, so we can write that off. The fact that he can win with draw odds is a debatable feature at this point, I suppose!
    Was it a Spanish opening game he won?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 20:42
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Was it a Spanish opening game he won?
    Not a Spanish but a colle lol
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 16:17
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Not a Spanish but a colle lol
    Looking more like K is going to join the list of previous K world champs now.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '16 09:21
    What happened to the rule that eith equal result Champion keeps the title?

I think that there should be a rule as in Taek Wan Do - one who last wins point - he wins.

Rapid tie break should not be applied if the standard course of the match was victoryless. It would have been as Italy winning WC in football (*soccer, yes!) after penalties and 0-0. Or like Portugal this year in EC.

One might concern a fist fight after match as a form of tiebreak.
    If there is a significant difference in age, it might be snooker match = darts.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 08:52
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    What happened to the rule that eith equal result Champion keeps the title?

I think that there should be a rule as in Taek Wan Do - one who last wins point - he wins.

Rapid tie break should not be applied if the standard course of the match was victoryless. It would have been as Italy winning WC in football (*soccer, yes!) after penalties and 0-0. ...[text shortened]... m of tiebreak.
    If there is a significant difference in age, it might be snooker match = darts.
    As it turned out, that is exactly what happened. Maggie won the last point, and is still champ. K is now Kicking himself for letting that queen sac happen....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree