1. Joined
    04 Aug '13
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 19:42
    how do you go about getting fide rating?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 20:45
    Enter FIDE tournaments?
  3. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 22:25
    From Quora:

You can get FIDE ratings either by playing in round-robin tournament or a team (swiss) tournament. 1) For an unrated player's first performance to count, he must play at least 3 games against rated opponents; score at least 1 point; and the rating based on the tournament result at its conclusion must be at least 1000.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '16 23:37
    Originally posted by byedidia
    From Quora:

You can get FIDE ratings either by playing in round-robin tournament or a team (swiss) tournament. 1) For an unrated player's first performance to count, he must play at least 3 games against rated opponents; score at least 1 point; and the rating based on the tournament result at its conclusion must be at least 1000.
    You mean you have to win, or tie a couple of games?

Oh well maybe I will get a fide rating one day maybe not. Figured entrance fee should be enough to ensure a raring of some sort.
  5. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 00:441 edit
    One win or two draws AND effective rating > 1000. Usually it is much easier to get a rating in a national federation (e.g. USCF in the US) than FIDE. What country do you live in? In the US, you pay your tribute to the USCF, pay the entry fee to the tournament, play your games and you get a rating, win or lose.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 01:55
    Originally posted by byedidia
    One win or two draws AND effective rating > 1000. Usually it is much easier to get a rating in a national federation (e.g. USCF in the US) than FIDE. What country do you live in? In the US, you pay your tribute to the USCF, pay the entry fee to the tournament, play your games and you get a rating, win or lose.
    Maybe I will!

But not any time soon.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 14:16
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Maybe I will!

But not any time soon.
    Just remember, the older you get, the harder it will be to get that 1000 rating....
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 17:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just remember, the older you get, the harder it will be to get that 1000 rating....
    Hopefully I will be getting better for a while yet. I started playing chess at 38 and still have much to learn, at least I hope.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 18:141 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hopefully I will be getting better for a while yet. I started playing chess at 38 and still have much to learn, at least I hope.
    How long have you been playing? Do you play in a club? I played over your game with Davel9000, don't know how many you play with him but that one makes me wonder how he ever got to even 1500 playing like that. Good game, nice mate.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 18:52
    47 now and play around for a year, then don 't play for a year. On and off on and off. Probably about 5 years of playing if you combined them all.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '16 09:121 edit
    Just looked at that game. He probably underestimated me because of my lower rating. I would look much worse I think if peoe judged my games on my loases.

I remember that mate. I was forced into it. I wanted to drop my b rook down but his rook made that useless. Originally I was hoping he'd take my pawn and then retract the bishop. Wasn't looking for that mate at all. Just lucked into it.

No, I do not play in a club. I did for about a month but it was a long drive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree