1. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '15 17:47
    I am sure this is thoroughly explained somewhere on this site...but can someone please explain the difference between clans versus clubs? The advantages or disadvantages of both? I'm relatively new to both and still trying to figure out the nuances...

Thanks for any insight you can provide!
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    09 Sep '15 19:28
    Clans are groups of up to 20 players. They are formed to compete in the annual clan championship which is determined by the greatest net points. They also compete in clan leagues which, iirc, is set up like the football leagues (promotion, relegation, etc). Some clans skip the competitions and concentrate on their area of mutual interest (music, sports, religion, etc) within the clan's private forum. All clan members should be subscribers, but it doesn't work that way in practice. You can be in 4 clans at the same time, I think, including 1 you are the clanmeister of.

Clubs are open to all members of RHP, subscriber or not. They often have areas of interest they specialize in and many host intera-club touraments. There is no limit to how many people can be in a club. You can be in any number of clubs.
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '15 19:55
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Clans are groups of up to 20 players. They are formed to compete in the annual clan championship which is determined by the greatest net points. They also compete in clan leagues which, iirc, is set up like the football leagues (promotion, relegation, etc). Some clans skip the competitions and concentrate on their area of mutual interest (music, sports, r ...[text shortened]... ments. There is no limit to how many people can be in a club. You can be in any number of clubs.
    Thank you very much! Concise is just what I needed 😳
    lol
    Makes complete sense now that you explained it like that....
  4. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    09 Sep '15 21:192 edits
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    I am sure this is thoroughly explained somewhere on this site...but can someone please explain the difference between clans versus clubs? The advantages or disadvantages of both? I'm relatively new to both and still trying to figure out the nuances...

Thanks for any insight you can provide!
    In a club you play your games with members of the same club, and you are going to have an internal elo rating for that particular club. Is similar to any 'in-person' chess club ...
    -
    In clans you don't play chess games with your fellow clan members, you play with people in other clan, and the clan 'makes' points as a group, like the 'chess Olympics'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree