1. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 05:54
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    It won't go to Blitz, the Rapid games will produce a winner.
    Don't say things like that. This is 2016 - the year of Brexit, Trump, and the Cubs winning the world series. Now it will go to Armageddon and somehow Topolov will win.
  2. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 07:33
    Are these tie break games all played today?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 10:092 edits
    Originally posted by byedidia
    Don't say things like that. This is 2016 - the year of Brexit, Trump, and the Cubs winning the world series. Now it will go to Armageddon and somehow Topolov will win.
    What does it say for the touted strength of Maggie, a string of draws, a loss and a win? Doesn't that put a crack in his superman status? Also doesn't it say a bit about K, maybe he was not taken as seriously as he should have been, perhaps Maggie was mesmerized by his 50+ rating lead, after all, HE is the highest rated of all time, so it should have been a knockover, based on that, right?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 12:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What does it say for the touted strength of Maggie, a string of draws, a loss and a win? Doesn't that put a crack in his superman status? Also doesn't it say a bit about K, maybe he was not taken as seriously as he should have been, perhaps Maggie was mesmerized by his 50+ rating lead, after all, HE is the highest rated of all time, so it should have been a knockover, based on that, right?
    So how many game are there in the fast move set of games? First win is the winner? Or do they do a set number and the winner is like the one with 1/2 point more at the end of a set number of faster games?

Another question: Is K that much stronger than the rest of the sub 2800 crowd or the present 2800+ bunch? Or is is more likely most of that most of that crowd would give Maggie the same trouble as K has.
  5. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 16:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So how many game are there in the fast move set of games? First win is the winner? Or do they do a set number and the winner is like the one with 1/2 point more at the end of a set number of faster games?

Another question: Is K that much stronger than the rest of the sub 2800 crowd or the present 2800+ bunch? Or is is more likely most of that most of that crowd would give Maggie the same trouble as K has.
    My understanding is: Set of four rapid games. If no one is ahead after those four, start five pairs of blitz games. If either players is ahead after a blitz pair, he wins. If no leader after five pairs of blitz, Armageddon.

I think at the moment Karjakin IS stronger than the rest of the crew - excepting perhaps Caruana. I think Carlsen is slightly off his classical game right now and he knows it. That's why he's so happy to go to rapid tie-breaks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree