1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 00:02
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    No it is blacks set up that i find frustrating, i am talking about playing the white side of the KID. It is the pawn storm along the e-f-g files with all those knights jumping around the white king. It is too sharp for my taste..
    Castle long and it won't bother you much.
  2. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 06:31
    Similar to another post in a different thread - I find myself again suggesting a look at the Botvinnik system. Pawns on c4 d3 and e4. Nd2 is typical. D4 is a light squared weakness white willingly accepts. Wing counters are f4 and b4. If f7 is unmoved and black has a knight on f6, f4 feels right as rain.
    Botvinnik vs Sherbakov 1955

Further games by Botvinnik in the 1958 Championship rematch vs Smyslov are very much required viewing. Tony miles has played some interesting gambits in kinside attacks against the English, but Im only familiar with them in quick passing.

Finally another option is loading the gun with b3. If the queenside fianchetto isnt worth it perhaps just playing the symmetrical KIA will interest you.

-GIN
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 13:211 edit
    I like the way the stone wall entices black to take the out post with his knight just to have it traded off leaving a pawn on d4.

It gives the KID player a taste of his own medicine. You played your f pawn so now I can check your king on the diagonal, if my idiotic pawn wasn't blocked in the way!
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 22:48
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    We'll, I am Kid guy, so I can't help other way than point out to ca. 30 Petrossian's games as white in which he busted or suffocated his opponents
    At the moment I am liking the Petrosian style, at least how Kramnik used it against in London 2014.

It helps when your opponent is surfing on line while playing and just makes moved without thought. But still it seems rather natural.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree