rookorbycrook
    Solihull
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 08:41
    Was this started ??
  2. e4
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 14:07
    No, I cannot recall one. pity, it was always good blog fodder.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 15:16
    Originally posted by rookorbycrook
    Was this started ??
    Nope, that is why I didn't rejoin. 🙁

They did a manorial for someone in 2015. I think a 7 day move tournament.
  4. SubscriberRooksandHooks
    rookorbycrook
    Solihull
    Moves
    01 Jan '17 16:27
    So no more championship for Rhp ??
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 20:24
    Originally posted by rookorbycrook
    So no more championship for Rhp ??
    Since it's almost always won by an engine, I'm fine with losing it.
  6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 21:58
    I almost never made it past the first round, but I enjoyed it anyway.
  7. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 01:40
    Police the bots better.... then bring the RHP championship back!!!
  8. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 09:00
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    Police the bots better.... then bring the RHP championship back!!!
    Police the bots better....but as things stand that is an issue that dare not speak its name. This is Alice through the looking Glass if a victim gets mugged it is dangerous to speak out because it will cause distress to the muggers, so the victim is kept silent through fear of what will happen if they speak out.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 12:29
    What ever happened to MikeLom's memorial?
  10. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 13:45
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    What ever happened to MikeLom's memorial?
    I just looked and its still only in round 2.
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 14:17
    Originally posted by jb70
    Police the bots better....but as things stand that is an issue that dare not speak its name. This is Alice through the looking Glass if a victim gets mugged it is dangerous to speak out because it will cause distress to the muggers, so the victim is kept silent through fear of what will happen if they speak out.
    maybe re name the site?
    RHC c for cheats engines rule without fear of being booted, same with the clan challenge cheat to victory no problem talk about it expect a forum ban to shut you up

i really enjoyed the championships playing player you don/t normally play remember green clubs room vroom one of the last engines to be booted, seen page one recently

i am glad i am not that good i feel for the really good 2000+ players on here must have to play a few engines
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 03:56
    Originally posted by roma45
    maybe re name the site?
    RHC c for cheats engines rule without fear of being booted, same with the clan challenge cheat to victory no problem talk about it expect a forum ban to shut you up

i really enjoyed the championships playing player you don/t normally play remember green clubs room vroom one of the last engines to be booted, seen page one recently ...[text shortened]... m not that good i feel for the really good 2000+ players on here must have to play a few engines
    They ought to automate batch analysis so that any that have too high of engine match ups get booted (or better yet, labeled with a C for computer and kept out of tourneys).

This should go continually, starting at the top of the player takes and working its way down to a floor of 2000 or so. (Could be adjusted higher if checking that many players proves impractical.)
  13. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 23:521 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    They ought to automate batch analysis so that any that have too high of engine match ups get booted (or better yet, labeled with a C for computer and kept out of tourneys).

This should go continually, starting at the top of the player takes and working its way down to a floor of 2000 or so. (Could be adjusted higher if checking that many players proves impractical.)
    I don't disagree, but just wondering if the reason the site doesn't do this is for fear of legal consequences? Someone could claim that the reputation of their online persona has been damaged, etc. Even the threat of legal action could end up costing thousands, which could be disastrous for a small business like RHP.

Or maybe they could update the terms of service to say that any damages are limited to membership fees paid, and everyone would have to accept the new TOS before being allowed access. Would that be valid legally? I don't know.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Jan '17 01:141 edit
    Originally posted by aquatabby
    I don't disagree, but just wondering if the reason the site doesn't do this is for fear of legal consequences? Someone could claim that the reputation of their online persona has been damaged, etc. Even the threat of legal action could end up costing thousands, which could be disastrous for a small business like RHP.

Or maybe they could update the terms ...[text shortened]... ve to accept the new TOS before being allowed access. Would that be valid legally? I don't know.
    That would be something similar to libel or slander, wouldn't it?

I'm not sure about UK law, but in the US the required burden of proof for either is very hard to meet. I know of other free sites that do this, so they've either overlooked the possibility or found that the risk is minimal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree