1. Chicago, IL.
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 12:47
    Since your site shut down in early July I have been experiencing a slow loading and play movement on RHP. I do not have this problem on the other chess sites from this computer. Could you offer a fix from your side?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 13:29
    We are not experiencing this. Anyone else? Feedback appreciated.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 15:251 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    We are not experiencing this. Anyone else? Feedback appreciated.
    Everything is working just fine for me. I'm on a ten year old laptop, running windows 7 and using firefox for my browser.

I have been using redhotpawn.com for the past several weeks but today switched back to theimmortalgame.com and everything works well there too.

Before the recent migration I was having serious delays when going from page to page and I suspect it was associated with the non-subscriber ad banner taking forever to load or refresh whenever I moved to a new page.

But since the migration all is going much better!
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 03:10
    Originally posted by Ian47
    Since your site shut down in early July I have been experiencing a slow loading and play movement on RHP. I do not have this problem on the other chess sites from this computer. Could you offer a fix from your side?
    If it's only 1 of the RHP sites doing it, try clearing cache and rebooting computer.

If the other 4 sites are doing it as well, it's Russ's problem.

My Windows7 immortalgame is running normally.
  5. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 23:29
    Yes, Red Hot Pawn has been painfully slow ever since the "improvements" were made a few days ago. It's extremely annoying. Nothing else on my computer is slow, only Red Hot Pawn.
  6. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 00:541 edit
    I must emphasize how slow this site has become in the last few days. What improvements were initiated are not improvements at all, because it now can take up to one minute to see any result after you click on something, and it becomes slower & slower the longer you stay on the site. The whole Red Hot Pawn site seems to have been wrecked with these so-called "improvements." Can we expect this to be fixed soon?
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 14:581 edit
    @AttilaTheHorn, Very puzzling that you are experiencing this - there is no evidence of this at this end. Is it any particular page?

Anyone else?
  8. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 17:53
    At the moment, it seems to have been solved. I don't know why. However, it was everything on the entire site. Once I logged on, it was fine for about a minute, but then it slowed down terribly so that it would take around a minute to get a response from clicking on anything.
  9. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 02:42
    The site does seem rather unresponsive specifically on Google Chrome just lately.

I have tried using the site on other browsers such as I.E and Firefox and they work fine.
    Other site's I use on Google Chrome also load fine i.e. youtube, lichess.

Atilla, do you use google chrome also? If so then we may have found the issue.
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 11:37
    When I click the 'search' button at the top of the page it takes an extremely long time to go to the search page. I think it will eventually get there sometimes but other times it acts like it's a broken link. Usually the browser will time out when this happens on other links/sites, but here at RHP it does not time out. It just doesn't go for a very long time.

I'm on an older laptop using firefox and win7, if that makes any difference.
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 15:37
    Desktop pc and windows vista.
    No problem with chrome or firefox.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree