Pop ups

Standard memberkaroly aczel
Help 28 Jan '17 02:11
  1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 02:11
    Anyone know how to get rid of pop ups? Apparently my sons computer has the pop up block on full yet they are still getting around it. Every 3 minutes! Their pop ups stop some programs. I wont tell their name just yet
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 13:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Anyone know how to get rid of pop ups? Apparently my sons computer has the pop up block on full yet they are still getting around it. Every 3 minutes! Their pop ups stop some programs. I wont tell their name just yet
    Subscribe.
    Adverts only show on non sub accounts
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 15:17
    A little more information could be useful here.

Are you talking exclusively about pop-ups showing up on this RHP site or on other online locations?

I get advertising here and they are all located at the top of the page only, and are contained within a specific size and area. They do change periodically and some are lightly animated, but they do not "pop up" anywhere else. Also they are all the same size and stay within the same screen area.

If what I have just described is the problem for you then you can get rid of it as already suggested, by becoming a subscriber.

I am not using any pop up blocker on this site, as requested by admin, but if I do use one then the ads here no longer appear. (I have tested that but otherwise leave it off at RHP.)

You may have a virus or malware on your device, and that is what might be the problem. Perhaps running a scan on your device may solve the problem in that case.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 22:57
    Originally posted by venda
    Subscribe.
    Adverts only show on non sub accounts
    No, this in on my sons computer. not on rhp.
    these pop ups occur indepdent of whether a program is running or not
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 22:58
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    A little more information could be useful here.

Are you talking exclusively about pop-ups showing up on this RHP site or on other online locations?

I get advertising here and they are all located at the top of the page only, and are contained within a specific size and area. They do change periodically and some are lightly animated, but they do not " ...[text shortened]... might be the problem. Perhaps running a scan on your device may solve the problem in that case.
    read above please.

Thank you in advance for any help
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Feb '17 17:56
    Try this :

https://www.malwarebytes.com/
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Feb '17 23:45
    Originally posted by Russ
    Try this :

https://www.malwarebytes.com/
    I got to a bit where i had to pay 60 buks...

It's inconcievable that i can't get this pop up to stop. I've asked them directly several times , they acknowledged the problem, then keep the pop ups on...
    There has to be an easier way.

These guys are called "Comodo GeekBuddy". And no matter how good they are, they have so pissed me off that I wont use their programs ever
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Feb '17 01:033 edits
    Malwarebytes is free for consumers. They have a premium option for businesses. I've been using it regularly for years, and it's very good at removing adware which sneaks onto my computer from time to time. That's adware, your popup things. Go check out malwarebytes.com again.

As far as Comodo Geek Buddy is concerned, if you google it you'll get lots of info. It appears to install itself on the computer and restart whenever Windows restarts. If you go to Control Panel it should appear in the list of installed programs and you can easily uninstall it that way.

Adware promoters are not going to help you uninstall, whatever they say. Don't believe a word of their assurances.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Feb '17 03:05
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Malwarebytes is free for consumers. They have a premium option for businesses. I've been using it regularly for years, and it's very good at removing adware which sneaks onto my computer from time to time. That's adware, your popup things. Go check out malwarebytes.com again.

As far as Comodo Geek Buddy is concerned, if you google it you'll get lots of ...[text shortened]... e not going to help you uninstall, whatever they say. Don't believe a word of their assurances.
    Thnx. I will try. Get back to you guys either way.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Feb '17 21:51
    Thnx. I will try. Get back to you guys either way.
    We got it... finally. Malware bytes kicked in.

Thanks Russ and Kewpie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree