On vacation?

Standard memberIan47
Help 25 Mar '16 13:56
  1. Chicago, IL.
    Moves
    25 Mar '16 13:56
    How can someone posting vacation still play and make a move, whether it on our game or other of his games? The Vacation sign is still up. Is this just another way to run out the clock?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Mar '16 14:212 edits
    Yes, you are allowed to make moves while you are on vacation.

The only thing being on vacation does is prevent someone from claiming a win against you on time if you run out of time and also use up all of your time bank.
    Being on vacation status does not stop your clock from running down.
  3. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 14:14
    Subscriber benefit, but based on personal experience, might also be a legitimate case of unexpectedly finding an intenet/wi-fi connection when you're least expecting it, and getting a few moves in while you can.

FW
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 21:39
    I think it's good that we can still make moves. It keeps the games moving - and after all, that inconveniences opponents a lot less than not making moves. 🙂
  5. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 22:47
    i dont know if this applies to this category but i have a game with an opponent who hasnt made a move in over a month. i know that there usually is a 3 day rule before the tlme expires. is there a way to force an opponent to forfeit the game?
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Mar '16 23:29
    Originally posted by melaniesue
    i dont know if this applies to this category but i have a game with an opponent who hasnt made a move in over a month. i know that there usually is a 3 day rule before the tlme expires. is there a way to force an opponent to forfeit the game?
    On your MyGames page there should be either a skull icon or a delete button next to the game. I'm not sure which you'll have available since only one move has been made, but whatever is there, if you click on it the game will either be deleted or declared a win to you. No rating points involved, but if you got a skull it will show as a win in your statistics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree