Move reminder

Subscriberlstcyr
Help 21 Jun '16 23:26
  1. Victor, New York
    Moves
    21 Jun '16 23:26
    I asked a question about how to send a move reminder in a thread from January. Just got back to it and I see the answer but it apparently only works one way. If the subscriber enables the setting to receive the notification, then others can send reminders. I was wondering why I couldn't send reminders but the opponent has to have it set up and I think the default setting is to have it turned off. Do I have this right?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 11:341 edit
    Originally posted by lstcyr
    I asked a question about how to send a move reminder in a thread from January. Just got back to it and I see the answer but it apparently only works one way. If the subscriber enables the setting to receive the notification, then others can send reminders. I was wondering why I couldn't send reminders but the opponent has to have it set up and I think the default setting is to have it turned off. Do I have this right?
    I believe that is correct.
    If you want to receive move reminders then you must enable it in your settings.
    Then also your opponent must actually send the reminder.

<edit> - Out of curiosity, does this feature even still exist?
    I have never personally used it but I do remember seeing the 'send move reminder' icon appear on the 'my games' page if an opponent hadn't made a move in a few days.
    I never see that anymore, but I don't play very many games at one time and my opponents tend to move regularly.
    I know the option is still shown on the 'settings' page but I don't know that it actually is still working.
    Anyone know for sure? Russ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree