1. Subscriberkoops
    Koop da Dog
    New York Usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 07:50
    I want to exit from ladder, keep getting challenged by people triple my rating not fair!, I just resigned a new game, my rating dropped, was told would not!
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 11:50
    Originally posted by koops
    I want to exit from ladder, keep getting challenged by people triple my rating not fair!, I just resigned a new game, my rating dropped, was told would not!
    Resigning any game at a point past move 2 will always attract a rating drop. To avoid this you should have resigned immediately.
    Back when I wanted to leave the ladder system there was a 'leave ladder' button which I clicked. Can't remember where it was on the page, sorry.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 14:02
    The point of the ladder is to challenge people you think you can beat...

To exit go to "Ladders" then chose the one you want to exit. Scroll down and on the menue at the left border of the screen you will find the button Kewpie mentioned.
  4. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 14:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Resigning any game at a point past move 2 will always attract a rating drop. To avoid this you should have resigned immediately.
    Back when I wanted to leave the ladder system there was a 'leave ladder' button which I clicked. Can't remember where it was on the page, sorry.
    Kewpie, I don't think the two move rule applies in ladder games. I think it only applies in open invites.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 14:291 edit
    Originally posted by Steve45
    Kewpie, I don't think the two move rule applies in ladder games. I think it only applies in open invites.
    It also works in tourney games, I've used it, so it is at least possible that it may work in ladder games. Although ladder programming was a later introduction so the precedent may not apply. The OP's resignation came at move 4 so that game result doesn't tell us anything.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 17:431 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The point of the ladder is to challenge people you think you can beat...

To exit go to "Ladders" then chose the one you want to exit. Scroll down and on the menue at the left border of the screen you will find the button Kewpie mentioned.
    I don't think that is the point of ladders.
    The aim surely is to rise up the ladder as far as you can, as quickly as you can
    I suspect koops was ten places above his challenger(the maximum number of places allowed for a challenge) so the challenger saw an easy opportunity to advance as far as he could.
    I've done it and I've also challenged players above my ability.
    O.k I'll probably lose but I might learn something from a superior opponent and there's always that chance he or she might make a daft mistake.
    Btw. I think the 2 move rule applies to all games on the site
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 08:32
    Originally posted by venda
    I don't think that is the point of ladders.
    The aim surely is to rise up the ladder as far as you can, as quickly as you can
    I suspect koops was ten places above his challenger(the maximum number of places allowed for a challenge) so the challenger saw an easy opportunity to advance as far as he could.
    I've done it and I've also challenged players above my ...[text shortened]... or she might make a daft mistake.
    Btw. I think the 2 move rule applies to all games on the site
    In fact I think "advancing as far as one can" and "challenge People one thinks one can beat" is roughly the same...
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 18:08
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    In fact I think "advancing as far as one can" and "challenge People one thinks one can beat" is roughly the same...
    I suppose if there was a player 9 places above my position of a lesser ability than the one 10 places above I would challenge the lower rated player and hope to "leapfrog" the higher rating the next time so you are correct in that respect.
    We've strayed from the point of Koops's original question so perhaps we should leave it here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree