1. Joined
    06 May '10
    Moves
    07 Jul '17 02:46
    I was looking around to see what the rules were regarding the use of chess databases and chess books, but I couldn't find anything specific about it. I am assuming that since this is a correspondence chess site these resources are allowed (I see that red hot pawn even has its own database), but it would be nice to know exactly what is allowed and what isn't.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 09:22
    Originally posted by @jirayu
    I was looking around to see what the rules were regarding the use of chess databases and chess books, but I couldn't find anything specific about it. I am assuming that since this is a correspondence chess site these resources are allowed (I see that red hot pawn even has its own database), but it would be nice to know exactly what is allowed and what isn't.
    Chessbooks are definitifely allowed.
    Databases are allowed, though no Endgame tables.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 12:03
    If you go to the bottom of the page and click on "Terms of Service", you can read the site rules there.
  4. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 15:10
    At the bottom of any page 'site map' then 'terms of service'.

From there:

' Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials.'
  5. Standard memberKhandita108
    Loco Wahine
    Hawaii
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 21:00
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Chessbooks are definitifely allowed.
    Databases are allowed, though no Endgame tables.
    What are Endgame tables?
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 22:30
    Originally posted by @khandita108
    ...What are Endgame tables?...
    Computer generated lists of moves from an endgame position branching out and usually showing which player is better. The big no-no here are the words 'computer generated'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree