1. Joined
    01 Jul '13
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 20:47
    Hello, I'm currently stuck in the 7 day ladder. The chap I've challenged hasn't begun the game and his time to move is used up. Looking at the last time he played, he hasn't moved for a while. My game number is 11386660. As he hasn't made the initial move and I can't just time it out, am I stuck on this game until he moves despite it going over the allotted time for the ladder or am I going to have to leave the ladder and start over again?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Oct '15 21:23
    Originally posted by Matthew Hazlewood
    Hello, I'm currently stuck in the 7 day ladder. The chap I've challenged hasn't begun the game and his time to move is used up. Looking at the last time he played, he hasn't moved for a while. My game number is 11386660. As he hasn't made the initial move and I can't just time it out, am I stuck on this game until he moves despite it going over the allotted time for the ladder or am I going to have to leave the ladder and start over again?
    Do you have the option to delete the game? It should show up on you 'my games' page as a trash can icon on the right side of the game.
  3. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 10:03
    Why cant you time him out, and move on to your next game.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 10:40
    Game 11386660 the "[ gid ]" command gives you the opportunity to put in the link directly.
  5. Joined
    01 Jul '13
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 11:07
    Thanks for answering. It's not showing up in the 'my games' list so I can't delete it nor can i time it out. I made the challenge and he's white so needs to make the first move. I'm guessing it won't appear in the 'my games' list until he makes the move.
  6. Joined
    01 Jul '13
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 11:111 edit
  7. Joined
    01 Jul '13
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 11:12
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Game 11386660 the "[ gid ]" command gives you the opportunity to put in the link directly.
    Thanks. I'll remember that next time!
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 13:101 edit
    Thanks for answering. It's not showing up in the 'my games' list so I can't delete it nor can i time it out. I made the challenge and he's white so needs to make the first move. I'm guessing it won't appear in the 'my games' list until he makes the move.
    If your game challenge registered it should show up on your 'my games' page. Do you see it somewhere else?

Since I have not played a ladder game for a very long time, I wasn't sure how it went so I joined the 3-day ladder and challenged someone.

The game did show up on my "my games' page but there is no option to delete the game.
    With regular games we have that option until black makes their second move. Then it goes away.
    Once the second move is completed by black, the 'claim a time-out win' option becomes active and when a player uses all of their time and time-bank
    the game can be lost on time if the other player clicks the 'skull'.

You appear to be stuck in a 'black hole' as you cannot delete a game that has not started and the time-out win is not going to become an option either.
    You may need to send feedback to get it resolved. Be sure and include lots of details when you do that.
  9. Joined
    01 Jul '13
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 13:51
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    If your game challenge registered it should show up on your 'my games' page. Do you see it somewhere else?

Since I have not played a ladder game for a very long time, I wasn't sure how it went so I joined the 3-day ladder and challenged someone.

The game did show up on my "my games' page but there is no option to delete the game.
    With regular gam ...[text shortened]... need to send feedback to get it resolved. Be sure and include lots of details when you do that.
    Thank you very much for your help. I'll do that
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 14:12
    Thank you very much for your help. I'll do that
    There does need to be something put into place that can be used to resolve the exact situation you are now in.

In my opinion if a member has joined into any form of multiplayer competition that requires their active participation, then there needs to be an automatic penalty against them if they fail to keep up with their games.
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 16:511 edit
    Help : ladders

I just read through the above page and it looks like a game cannot be deleted.
    Also if a player is inactive for 60 days they will be removed from the ladder.
    It is not clear what will happen to any games they are in.

It looks like another option would be to resign the game (and lose some rating points).
    If you do that you should remain at your current position on the ladder, but would then be able to find an active player to challenge
  12. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 17:201 edit
    I was under the impression that it didnt matter what move the game was up to (whether it had started or not) you could claim the win if your opponent defaulted on time. I'm sure you should be seeing the skull appear.
    Edit. Check out my game 9406822. There,s the proof.
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 17:32
    Originally posted by Steve45
    I was under the impression that it didnt matter what move the game was up to (whether it had started or not) you could claim the win if your opponent defaulted on time. I'm sure you should be seeing the skull appear.
    Edit. Check out my game 9406822. There,s the proof.
    Is that a ladder game, Steve?
  14. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 17:43
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Is that a ladder game, Steve?
    Yes, its a 1 day ladder game from 2012.
  15. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Oct '15 18:081 edit
    Originally posted by Steve45
    Yes, its a 1 day ladder game from 2012.
    OK, and that makes sense since a ladder game cannot be deleted.

So Matthew should be able to do the exact same thing with his game. However, he has not been able to find the game on his 'my games' page.
    Maybe he isn't looking at the inbox on the 'my games' page, or the game somehow got moved to a different folder.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree