1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 07:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If he's an intellectual, then you, sir, are a jackass.

Actually, you're a jackass whether or not he's an intellectual.

His post was clearly offensive. Why you can't see that, I couldn't say. It might have something to do with you being a jackass.
    I didn't say he was an intellectual snowflake, I said his argument was. Perhaps if you manage to divorce the proposer from their argument you may do better, but it seems that a few swing and misses is really the pinnacle of your forum contributions these days.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 07:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Like 'alternative facts', right?
    You should know all about that Suzzianne Conway 😀
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 07:46
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    How will you express your love for someone today?
    We don't do "Valentine's Day" in our house.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 08:211 edit
    How will you express your love for someone today?
    In Sweden it's "All Hearts' Day" and that does not mean just your sweetheart.
  5. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 08:31
    I had to get petrol yesterday and the garage was selling daffodils, 2 bunches for £1.

Job done.
  6. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 10:17
    I did a proper job.
    After my morning shift pedalling a helicopter I very suddenly realised the date and returned home via the florist, where I bought Brunei's Last Bunch of Roses for an eye-watering $45. Phew. Then drove across the border into Malaysia with my lovely missus to visit a crocodile farm - confirming the notion that romance is indeed alive and well - before heading to Miri Boat Club for a romantic dinner for two overlooking the sunset over the South China Sea. Returned home, tired but happy, with 2 bottles of contraband wine of decent quality.
    Job done. Happy man.
  7. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 11:01
    Originally posted by Larkie
    I did a proper job.
    After my morning shift pedalling a helicopter I very suddenly realised the date and returned home via the florist, where I bought Brunei's Last Bunch of Roses for an eye-watering $45. Phew. Then drove across the border into Malaysia with my lovely missus to visit a crocodile farm - confirming the notion that romance is indeed alive and w ...[text shortened]... me, tired but happy, with 2 bottles of contraband wine of decent quality.
    Job done. Happy man.
    Happy lady too!

Well done to you and the other romantics here.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 12:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I didn't say he was an intellectual snowflake, I said his argument was. Perhaps if you manage to divorce the proposer from their argument you may do better, but it seems that a few swing and misses is really the pinnacle of your forum contributions these days.
    Your defense reminds me on an episode of comic, hugely popular in Yugoslavia, "Alan Ford". In that episode, a lawyer defended someone in court:
    - Look at him. It's difficult to tell him from hypopotam's baby, his eyes belongs to a gorilla, he's obvious a nenderthtal, he is short as moouse, and ugly as an elephant man, but still, he couldn't kill anybody, mercy for him.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 12:16
    As Gustaff Mahler said on love:
    Love, like chess, like punk rock, has the power to make men happy.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 13:27
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Your defense reminds me on an episode of comic, hugely popular in Yugoslavia, "Alan Ford". In that episode, a lawyer defended someone in court:
    - Look at him. It's difficult to tell him from hypopotam's baby, his eyes belongs to a gorilla, he's obvious a nenderthtal, he is short as moouse, and ugly as an elephant man, but still, he couldn't kill anybody, mercy for him.
    😀
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 16:02
    😀
    Did you manage to give you good wife a whole box of chocolates this year old chap?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 16:283 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Did you manage to give you good wife a whole box of chocolates this year old chap?
    Sorry I'm with Vandervelde on this issue, its a commercialized devil worshiping sacrifice to mammon which destroys the very fabric of society due to its decadence! One cannot trust the Americans with anything, they have no sense of good taste. 😵
  13. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 16:54
    Sorry I'm with Vandervelde on this issue, its a commercialized devil worshiping sacrifice to mammon which destroys the very fabric of society due to its decadence! One cannot trust the Americans with anything, they have no sense of good taste. 😵
    Harsh but fair.
  14. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 16:56
    Happy lady too!

Well done to you and the other romantics here.
    Thanks for praise.
    You got to love Shell.
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 17:18
    So, on principle, you bought a box of chocolates and ate them yourself?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree