1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 00:15
    http://img.wennermedia.com/480-width/george-w-bush-1-c55230db-8a14-4dbe-956b-3ab027117971.jpg
  2. Joined
    19 Oct '14
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 15:44
    Originally posted by apathist
    Of course it doesn't. I wonder what you see that makes you think such.

'genuine'? Mob rule?
    History. The USA has an appealing track record of funding terrorists/ military dictators to overthrow democratically elected left-wing governments. Chile, El-Salvador, Guatemala in the 70s for instance. Not to mention funding and continuing to fund dictators in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia for instance.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 20:50
    Originally posted by beardmusic
    History. The USA has an appealing track record of funding terrorists/ military dictators to overthrow democratically elected left-wing governments. Chile, El-Salvador, Guatemala in the 70s for instance. Not to mention funding and continuing to fund dictators in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia for instance.
    Appealing or appalling?!
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 21:04
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Appealing or appalling?!
    Appallingly appealing? Or perhaps appealingly appalling?

Works both ways. I'm ready for a futurist poem. Dance, monkey, dance!
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 23:31
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Whatever you may think of the man who just assumed office, the most moving scene of the inauguration, for me, was seeing the former president leaving. Voluntarily. Peacefully. Alive. That is no mean feat; I can think of no other empire which organized regular, frequent, and peaceful transitions of power for anything like 200 years running. Just compare with ...[text shortened]... bia right now for a reality check on how politics runs in many other countries most of the time.
    Here's another angle.
    Let's just say that O'Bammy had quite the emotional sway over his fans.
    It's not often we see such an emotional reaction by people (okay, maybe celebrities don't count, but just for the sake of argument, we'll include them this time) over something as mundane as the office of the POTUS.
    Politics are so far out of the spectrum of the arts, it was actually quite surprising to see so many celebrities in staunch support of O'Bammy, almost as though there was a sudden and completely unexpected groundswell of patriotism from a group of people who have long espoused pretty much just the opposite in sentiments.
    But let's put that aside, too.
    Let's lump every one who supported and adored him into the same soup: him the meat, them the broth.
    If he was so influential over these upstanding patriots, one wonders whether he was unable or unwilling to use that substantial pull among all people liberal to at least keep them from beating people, injuring police officers, destroying property, setting cars on fire and etc..
    How can one appear so serene even while his people are not just threatening but making good on those threats of violence?

Maybe they were just taking a page out of his book: scream about peace while you're bombing the hell out those who are in your way.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 23:37
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Here's another angle.
    Let's just say that O'Bammy had quite the emotional sway over his fans.
    It's not often we see such an emotional reaction by people (okay, maybe celebrities don't count, but just for the sake of argument, we'll include them this time) over something as mundane as the office of the POTUS.
    Politics are so far out of the spectrum of th ...[text shortened]... out of his book: scream about peace while you're bombing the hell out those who are in your way.
    #SpicerFacts
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 00:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    #SpicerFacts
    Looks like you found your new go-to for all things Trump.
    It's no wonder you like the desert so much: all that sand in which to bury your empty head.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 12:35
    Originally posted by Seitse

The year's twenty one eighty two,
    a fried confectionary's now in power,
    he fashioned himself a dictatorship
    and named it 'Doughnut tower.'

😞
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 13:13
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Looks like you found your new go-to for all things Trump.
    It's no wonder you like the desert so much: all that sand in which to bury your empty head.
    Says the dude who thinks there is not much sand in which to bury one's head if she wanted to. How does it feel to have ZERO street cred?
  10. Joined
    19 Oct '14
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 16:51
    Originally posted by Seitse

Ha! Appalling was my intention!!!
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 22:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The year's twenty one eighty two,
    a fried confectionary's now in power,
    he fashioned himself a dictatorship
    and named it 'Doughnut tower.'

😞
    Bravo! Bravisimo!
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Jan '17 04:58
    moonbus is conspicuously absent I see. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree