1. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:40
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    chaney3,

I for one do believe in Karma! I have seen it happen to many people.

-VR
    You can be a Roman Catholic and believe in karma as well? That's interesting.

Note: had I put this thread in the spirituality forum, I would not have known your views, or that of others from the general forum, who do not visit that forum.
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:45
    an awkward analogy for you to peruse...

1 something angers you
    2 you react by punching the wall
    3 yer fingers and knuckles are broken

thus karma...
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 16:46
    Originally posted by rookie54
    the first rule of karma club is: you do not talk about karma club...
    Nice one Tyler!
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 18:35
    The rule of karma is that you reap what you sow, not necessarily all in one lifetime. And yes, it is possible to be born with bad karma accumulated from previous incarnations. This is not harsh, it is simply cause and effect. The rule of karma is, in contrast to the judeo christian tradition, completely without intentionality --in other words, there is no punishment. There are only the delayed effects of your own previous actions.

Bad karma is not necessarily unpleasant. Good karma is not necessarily pleasant. Bad karma is whatever leads one away from enlightenment. Good karma is whatever leads one towards it.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 18:42
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The rule of karma is that you reap what you sow, not necessarily all in one lifetime. And yes, it is possible to be born with bad karma accumulated from previous incarnations. This is not harsh, it is simply cause and effect. The rule of karma is, in contrast to the judeo christian tradition, completely without intentionality --in other words, there is no pu ...[text shortened]... arma is whatever leads one away from enlightenment. Good karma is whatever leads one towards it.
    Nicely put.

I also like the idea that a 'bad life' (for want of a better phrase) doesn't necessarily mean one is suffering the effects of bad karma from a previous incarnation. For example, perhaps it is necessary for a soul to experience poverty or disease first hand in order for it to grow in the direction of enlightenment.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 23:00
    Goad,

Do you work at being an ass, or does it just come naturally for you?

-VR
    C'mon, it was funny!
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 23:45
    Goad,

Do you work at being an ass, or does it just come naturally for you?

-VR
    VR

I note your SOH bypass was a complete success!
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 23:47
    If it wasn't for Karma what would we type in the search box on YouTube???
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 23:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    C'mon, it was funny!
    Do you believe in karma?

Funny girl?
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 01:56
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I was simply curious about those who believe in karma, and the rules.
    The rules are made up. There are different schools. I think the whole concept is based on two conflicting ideas: what goes around comes around; and life can be so unfair.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 09:22
    Some people believe in karma, and I am curious about it.

Just because you are a shallow, ignorant assshole, doesn't mean anything to me.
    It means enough for you to fire hateful vitriol at me, but obviously not enough for you to be concerned about the bad karma associated with doing so.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 09:25
    Not at all.
    I was have a lighthearted, not so serious discussion with someone about karma. We all know the 'good and bad' aspect of karma, but time frame is questionable.

By the way, you continue to prove your fake Christianity with every post you make.
    You're getting unnecessarily upset about me asking you questions Chaney3.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 15:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You're getting unnecessarily upset about me asking you questions Chaney3.
    First you make a stupid joke about Culture Club, then you try to tell me which forum this should be in, then say that my thread is stupid.

What do you expect dips#it?
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 17:43
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Nicely put.

I also like the idea that a 'bad life' (for want of a better phrase) doesn't necessarily mean one is suffering the effects of bad karma from a previous incarnation. For example, perhaps it is necessary for a soul to experience poverty or disease first hand in order for it to grow in the direction of enlightenment.
    Marco Pallis, a Western scholar who writes about Buddhism with uncommon insight, expressed this very idea thusly: a poor, rustic farmer, with, objectively speaking, a very hard life, might actually have good karma in the sense that he is already very close to nirvana and has only to accept occasional kindness from his neighbors, whereas a university professor with a comfortable life and guaranteed pension may be very far from nirvana, blinded by his own arrogance and erudition.
  15. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 01:40
    Okay, so how is it fixed and reversed? With good living and deeds? And how long does it take?
    The play/book ' A Christmas Carol ' by Charles Dickens (im pretty sure its charles dickens) is based on karma. Watch the movie, its only like 30-60 minutes long.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree