Moves
    11 Jul '17 13:39
    Im watching The Office on Netflix.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 17:16
    Originally posted by BongalloJoe
    Im watching The Office on Netflix.
    The British or American version? (Both funny).
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 19:57
    Fortitude
    End of Season1 on national TV.
    Episodes 6, 7 and 8 were so boring.
    AT the end of episode 8, Stanley Tucci character - detective - was shot by Michael Gambon character.

Episode 9: Tucci refused o be transported with the bullet in his body, he prefered whte death. A woman is lying in ambulance ill with mysterious desease, and at the end of the episode a flock of insects (*flies or wasp) emerges from sick woman's mouth!

I did not see last, 10th episode.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 20:30
    Apple Tree Yard, British TV mini-series in four parts, based on a novel by Louise Doughty.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    19 Jul '17 10:51
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Apple Tree Yard, British TV mini-series in four parts, based on a novel by Louise Doughty.
    Final part tonight. I've read the book but I'm still impressed.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Aug '17 14:56
    We have found by Chance "A world beyond". Though there are a few weaknesses in the Story it was a nice view 🙂
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 12:35
    Norwegian TV series in 7 parts - 'Nobel'.
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Oct '17 21:03
    Top of the Lake: China Girl
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '17 23:05
    "Damned", 6 part wry, no-laughter-track comedy about British social workers. Quite enjoyable.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 11:55
    Medium Just finished 4th season on AXN channel.
    Or some other season, the season in which attorney Manuel Devalos was temporarily replaced... He had a dream in which he walked in the sea and his wife waked him up: he wet the bed! And he had to go to the hospital... Probably real actor Miguel Sandoval was ill in his real life...
    To fill the void, they engaged Angelica Huston i great hurry for a recurring star role.

I love Patricia Arquette in this series.

Justified
    Also on AXN channel, I think I saw next-to/last season finnished a month ago.
    Although I never liked southern accent it didn't bother me this time. The show has a limited set of characters, but they die and get killed all the time.
    Sam Eliott and Mary Steenburgen and Jere Burns as guest stars!
    Can you believe it - Jere Burns from sitcom Dear John is now a villain?!
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 18:46
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Justified
    A great series!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 21:253 edits
    Fox channel began with re-airing Blacklist.
    To-day the 4th episode "Stewmaker" was shown.
    Creator Jon Bokenkamp is unfullfilled great American writer, and he made Red Reddngton as hybrde of a writer and soft Hannibal Lecter. Relationship between Red and young profiler Liz Keen reminds on a relationship between Clarice and Hannibal in Ridley Scott's movie.
    Reddington kills bad guys and girls at the end of almost every episode.

On Diva channel (*former Universal Channel) I few times came across on Gilmore Girls thanks to insomnia and difficult financial situation--> I have nothing to do, am waiting a fee for my last translation to come from Denmark, thinking of uncertain future... I am eating last rests of food in my apartment...

And from this prospective I see this show as a fairy tale. Is it Boston? It's so Newyorkian in humor, so East-American. Fireplaces in rich homes, servants, piles of food that never get eaten, so asexual humor, not a single no-no word, people don't go to bathroom, I mean, is it possible that this show was so popular and influential?!

Middle aged men with bow ties all the time, benigne humoristic lines without laughter from tape, it is so naive, saniticised, like I am watching animated cartoon with plasteline dulls.

It is so unbelievable. Do people in USA really live that way?!
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 07:58
    This programme is a must! Sue Perkins presents ‘The Ganges’ on BBC1. She includes people of all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds who live beside and because of this spectacular spiritual river.

YouTube
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Nov '17 08:071 edit
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Final part tonight. I've read the book but I'm still impressed.
    Apple Tree Yard ~ I watched this some time ago. I found it compelling because it starts with the exciting risks that this respectable woman takes. There is such an interesting twist at the conclusion. I had hoped it would continue but I’d not read the book.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    13 Nov '17 13:271 edit
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    Apple Tree Yard ~ I watched this some time ago. I found it compelling because it starts with the exciting risks that this respectable woman takes. There is such an interesting twist at the conclusion. I had hoped it would continue but I’d not read the book.
    I would have liked a continuation too. Comparing the book and the film I'm not convinced they have quite the same ending, or interpreted the same way, giving a slightly different result. But I was so into the book that I may have missed something. I love the story.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree