Arguably even better than series 1.

Series 3 in the pipeline, apparently.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 May '17 07:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Feud
    Susan Sarrandon as Betty Davis and Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford. Good.
    Excellent. The eighth (and final) episode was desperately sad. Lange and Sarrandom absolutely brilliant.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '17 08:52
    Any thoughts on ...

The Son beginning-of-the-C20th western with Pierce Brosnan in surely his best small screen role ever.

The Handmaid's Tale with Elisabeth Moss. Heard some highbrow analysis of this; my appetite is whetted.

Legion, looks interestingly peculiar... took me a few double takes to realize that I knew the main character from Downton Abbey!

The Last Kingdom series 2, I started it but have yet to get very far into it.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '17 14:21
    Just starting to take a look at The Americans. It seems to have unusually high critical 'approval ratings'.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '17 10:05
    Chance
    On Fox, I ran into an episode from the middle.
    Laurie is again MD, this time solving his own problems with a little help of a gangster, if I got it right from one episode. He has troubled daughter and is divorced or in the process of divorcing and someone is blackmailing him with nude videos.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '17 19:43
    I am watching a re-run of Good Wife on DIVA (*ex Universal Channel), and an noticing that Alicia was a real mom biitch to her children, selfish witch with drinking problem.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '17 03:58
    Fargo series 3.

Lived up to the standards set by the previous two series. The ending drew some criticism but I think it was a great way to end the story.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 16:23
    Beter Call Saul.
    Did I mention this? It is aired on Fox Channel.
    I always begin t watch episodes from the middle or at least I miss opening credit, and always I have impression it is a movie. Until I see some recurring characters.

It is supposed to be a prequel of a great success (which I don't like very much and don't watch) and one actor is wearing hair extension since he is playing younger himself.
    I.have a feeling that they destroy script for whole movie in each episode.

Like it was written by some broken writer of unrealized Great American Novel.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 16:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Fargo series 3.

Lived up to the standards set by the previous two series. The ending drew some criticism but I think it was a great way to end the story.[/b]
    Does the story follow the film Fargo by the Coen Brothers?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 21:25
    Originally posted by Torunn
    Does the story follow the film Fargo by the Coen Brothers?
    Not really. The three TV series are instead pointedly similar in texture and style to the original film: small town America set in the past (20-30 years ago), flawed small town people with mundane preoccupations, matter of fact non-sensationalist depiction of elaborate snowballing crime seen from both POVs (police and criminals) based on a true story with unassuming (usually female) cop chasing after resourceful but idiosyncratic baddie. The TV series definitely lives up to the excellent Fargo "brand" established by the film.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 06:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Fargo series 3.

Lived up to the standards set by the previous two series. The ending drew some criticism but I think it was a great way to end the story.[/b]
    Yes, am really enjoying this series. (Don't know how it ends yet!)
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '17 08:50
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes, am really enjoying this series [no.3 of Fargo]. (Don't know how it ends yet!)
    David Thewlis is a memorably bad baddie.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 08:26
    Bloodline series 3. While I haven't looked closely at what they are saying, I get the impression that a lot of critics got bored of this during series 2 and most of them don't like it at all now that it's had its 3rd series. I, for one, however, think it's still powerful and atmospheric and I am still thoroughly enjoying this broiling murder-and-lies family drama.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 09:531 edit
    Dark Matter series 3. I eventually put misgivings about series 2 behind me and ended up thoroughly enjoying it in all its slight-cartoonness. Just starting their third series. This could well be a set of anti-hero-turned-good characters & a ship that could sustain six or seven series.

Rogue series 1. Pretty standard underworld + maverick cop drama but it has a slightly jarring edge to it and the performances of (Brit) Thandie Newton and (Kiwi) Marton Csokas make it quite compelling. Csokas was brilliant in the darkly ambiguous 4 episode UK-Spain murder/sleuth series called Falcón back in 2012 which was excellent.

The Crown. Just taking a look at it to see what all the fuss was about.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 10:37
    Turn

Another Amazon series on the US Independence wars. Quite entertaining.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree