1. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 21:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Homeland series 6 has made a slow but intriguing start.

I basically binge watched series 4 and 5 of Breaking Bad and I thought it was tremendous. I kind of felt, looking back, that series 3 sagged a bit, but when I actually did look back at the episodes and story lines, I can't see anything wrong with it.

Having trouble feeling absorbed by Humans series 2 ...[text shortened]... mas.

Enjoying series 1 Shameless (US) but I am yet to look at the UK version that spawned it.
    Why don't you stop messing around and put your talents to good use...? It's not too late. Make it happen. Stop appealing to the hoi polloi,,,
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 22:26
    Just catching up on Muffin the Mule.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 07:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Having trouble feeling absorbed by Humans series 2. I won't give up too easily. The unpredictable 'humanizing virus' is an interesting premise.
    Wait, what?

They made a second season of Humans? Is it on Netflix, or Amazon Prime?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 07:56
    I've just finished Peaky Blinders series 2. Oh what a grotty world the makers of that programme have created. Post WW1 urban Britain. Truly awful. Roll on series 3!
  5. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 08:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've just finished Peaky Blinders series 2. Oh what a grotty world the makers of that programme have created. Post WW1 urban Britain. Truly awful. Roll on series 3!
    Peaky fookin bloinders?
    Superb!!! Can't wait for next series either.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 08:34
    Originally posted by Larkie
    Peaky fookin bloinders?
    Superb!!! Can't wait for next series either.
    Series 3 ess already doon, doostid and fookin browdcaast, didn't yow naaw?

"On 26 May 2016, the BBC announced that they had ordered a fourth and fifth series of the show.[3] Series 4 will probably be released late 2017. Katie Swinden, producer of the show, calls series 4 to be the most dramatic series "

Also... "During the initial broadcast of series three, BBC Two renewed the Peaky Blinders for Series 4 and 5. Both 4 and 5 will follow suit for 6 episodes each. Creator and writer Steven Knight will return to write every episode of Series 4 and 5. Cillian Murphy has also confirmed his return for both series. The rest of the main cast are expected to return. Filming for series 4 is expected to start early 2017, for a possible late-2017 release." wiki
  7. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 08:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Series 3 ess already doon, doostid and fookin browdcaast, didn't yow naaw?

"On 26 May 2016, the BBC announced that they had ordered a fourth and fifth series of the show.[3] Series 4 will probably be released late 2017. Katie Swinden, producer of the show, calls series 4 to be the most dramatic series "

Also... "During the initial broadcast of series three ...[text shortened]... n. Filming for series 4 is expected to start early 2017, for a possible late-2017 release." wiki
    Ace. Thanks for that - a feast in store there.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '17 00:12
    Last Friday on Diva channel (former Universal Channel) I last season of "Good WIfe"
    Diane slapped Alicia. Peter god one year probation. But before that slap, the more exciting was the moment when Alicia literally run off from her husband during press conference (regardless that they agreed to divorce soon), because she believed she saw Jason. It turned out that it was someone else.
    And when she was walking back, Diane came in and slapped her.
    Alicia was shaken, shocked and appalled, but she fixed her jacket and regained firm walk.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '17 01:56
    Just enjoyed "Flaked" an 8 episode wry, bitter-sweet comedy starring Will Arnett.

Wiki says: "Season 1 of the series received mixed reviews from critics. On Rotten Tomatoes the season has a rating of 42% from critics, based on 26 reviews, with an average rating of 4.9/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Dull and pointless, Flaked makes it uncomfortably clear that the man-child persona is no longer compelling." It has an 80% from the audience.[10] On Metacritic the season has a score of 43 out of 100, based on 16 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". The show was criticized by Vox for "stupid plot twists" and devolving into melodrama."

I am quite baffled by the negative feel of all that. It was really good, thoughtfully done, and filled with keen observations and subtlety. I am pleased to hear that there will be a second series even if the critics may not be.

Paranoid. 8-part UK police procedural. Solid fare with excellent acting.

Inside No.9. The marvelous 'short stories' format off-beat dramas now in its 3rd series is maintaining its high standard as it reaches episode 6, which might be all there'll be as it's British.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Mar '17 13:13
    Patriot, a 10 part thriller/comedy about 'private sector' American spies from Amazon Originals that seemed to all come out at the same time, is shaping up well. Decidedly odd. Dysfunctional characters. Funny but not ha ha funny
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 06:00
    We found now Mozart in the Jungle, which we find up to now to be a nice show.

It is about the New York Symphonic Orchestra, their new director and a young Oboist. Quite funny, and cool music 😉
    Mozart makes an appearance also for those who liked the 80's movie.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 10:03
    Black List
    Fox is airing it again.
    Reddington is bad guy who helps FBI, a kind of "vegetarian Hannibal" - played by James Spider.
    Creator Bokenkamp attributed to the character many features of a - writer. Reddington is thinking as a writer, "hidden gem of American literature".
    He takes no prisoners and 90 percent of episodes ends same way: he shoots the bad guy (or a woman) no matter how old and injured they are.
    You want Reddington to be your friend.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 03:47
    Two recent square eyes-inducing activities...

The Detour: - series 1 - finally getting round to watching this comedy having misplaced it on one of the many hard drives lying around here. Funny - sometimes in an almost surreal way - and quite edgy too. A look at the occasionally ugly underbelly of a very imperfect family and couple of parents. Reminds me a bit of the perky Married with Judy Greer and Nat Faxon, unwisely axed after only 2 series.

The Good Fight - series 1 - a spin-off from (or sequel to) The Good Wife centering on the Diane Lockhart character but also featuring a lot of other people from the previous show. I've only watched one episode so far and I thoroughly enjoyed it... same old same old but in a good way... I reckon Christine Baranski has got plenty enough screen presence and good writing to carry this off for who knows how many series.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Apr '17 15:06
    My wife and I just came across a Netflix release of a Canadian broadcast 'Strange Empire' a one season event starring Cara Gee, a woman half Ojibwa, beautiful lady. Anyway it is set around 1870 on the southern border with the US, just north of Montana and is a very good drama featuring strong women and evil men and good men.

Anyone here see that series?
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Apr '17 06:39
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    We found now [b]Mozart in the Jungle, which we find up to now to be a nice show.

It is about the New York Symphonic Orchestra, their new director and a young Oboist. Quite funny, and cool music 😉
    Mozart makes an appearance also for those who liked the 80's movie.[/b]
    The second season is very shallow as of now. We think about quitting this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree