1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 10:121 edit
    Homeland series 6 has made a slow but intriguing start.

I basically binge watched series 4 and 5 of Breaking Bad and I thought it was tremendous. I kind of felt, looking back, that series 3 sagged a bit, but when I actually did look back at the episodes and story lines, I can't see anything wrong with it.

Having trouble feeling absorbed by Humans series 2. I won't give up too easily. The unpredictable 'humanizing virus' is an interesting premise.

Indian Summers series 2 (had it for quite a while, only dipping in now)

Finally finished series 1 of Hunderby. An exquisitely off the wall parody of British period dramas.

Enjoying series 1 Shameless (US) but I am yet to look at the UK version that spawned it.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 10:27
    Good Wife and Scandal.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 11:50
    My wife and I watch "The Man in the high Castle", a very good Serial Interpretation of Dick's book (as of now)
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 12:181 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    My wife and I watch "The Man in the high Castle", a very good Serial Interpretation of Dick's book (as of now)
    I like Phillip K Dick's novels, but what network is carrying High Castle? It's too bad he died too early to benefit financially from all this.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 12:191 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I like Phillip K Dick's novels, but what network is carrying High Castle?
    We watch that one via Amazon Prime...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_(TV_series)
    That is the Wikipedia entry (third Season is in production)
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 12:21
    We watch that one via Amazon Prime...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_(TV_series)
    That is the Wikipedia entry (third Season is in production)
    He sure has a lot of films, Minority report, blade runner, adjustment burough and the like. Wonder if he saw a penny of profit from the films.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 12:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    He sure has a lot of films, Minority report, blade runner, adjustment burough and the like. Wonder if he saw a penny of profit from the films.
    He didn't he dies too early for the profits to come in.
    I ahve read a lot of his books and enjoyed most of them. I like his philosophocal questions about reality. UBIK is one of my favourites. I don't think they can do a good movie from that one...
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 21:33
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Good Wife and Scandal.
    "Good Wife" produced by brothers Scott, and in later seasons by (a, one) brother Scott, is revitalization of legal TV series, in the sense it is connected with politics. Unlike Boston Legal and LA Law which were travesties full of bad jokes, Good Wife is serious about the law. I like how they dealt with the notion of satellite surveilance in some episodes. Julianna Marguiles is both sexy and good, which was hitherto unseen in drama series.

"Scandal" was enabled by Obama-time and enabled Obama-time. Black main character is good, and black guy is head of secret service (*at least he was that for several seasons), white president is cooked, and his chief advisor is both white and gay. After some seasons they run out of characters, and everyone got laid with anyone.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Feb '17 21:37
    We abandoned that after a few episodes.

Currently watching Vikings series 4. Great stuff.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 00:351 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

The Vikings is an excellent series. I love the make up, hair, costumes, accents and those piercing blue eyes but the graphic violence and torture is too sickening and heartbreaking to watch at times.

I've recently got hooked on Apple Tree Yard, a psychological thriller. Watched the fourth episode tonight.

YouTube
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 08:13
    Hotell Halcyon - British series, London 1940's
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 12:39
    Originally posted by Torunn
    Hotell Halcyon - British series, London 1940's
    Ooh yes, I have just dipped into that having downloaded the first 4 episodes and I am looking forward to getting to it.
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    07 Feb '17 13:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ooh yes, I have just dipped into that having downloaded the first 4 episodes and I am looking forward to getting to it.
    I saw the first part last week and I am very impressed - casting, actors, characters, scenery - it will be a pleasure to follow the rest of the story.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 21:55
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

After having watched a few more episodes I can say, that the quality of episodes is varying quite a bit.
    And they of courtse did take liberties with the original, but that is to be expected.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Feb '17 21:261 edit
    I have just watched part 4/7 of The Halcyon and it has an interesting story - or stories - and is well made too. I'm looking forward to the rest of the first series.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree