1. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 17:30
    Does anybody still remember AND, OR, NAND, NOR... gates?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 11:07
    "Who is General Failure. And why is he reading my Hard Disk Drive?"
  3. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 11:27
    Quasimodo was in the steeple of Notre Dame looking down on the town when he noticed a man running to the ladder of the steeple. There was something odd about the man, but from a distance, Quasimodo couldn't distinguish what it was. The man climbed the ladder, and it was evident - he had no arms. He saw Quasimodo and said, "It has been my lifelong dream to ring the bells of Notre Dame! Please allow me this great favor!"
    Quasimodo said, "No! I ring the bells! Besides, you have no arms!"
    The man replied, "I know, but it is my dream!"
    Quasimodo again refused, but the man was persistent, and finally Quasimodo relented, not sure how the man would accomplish ringing the bells. The armless man lay down beside the bell, put his feet on the bell and shoved the bell with his feet as hard as he could. Then he stood up, and as the bell swung back toward him, he stuck his head forward. The bell struck him in the face with a resounding "GONG!" Again, he lay down and shoved the bell with his feet, stood, and let the bell hit him. "GONG!" After the third time, the armless man was knocked so woozy that he stumbled and fell off the steeple. In horror, Quasimodo scurried down the ladder to the man. By the time he reached him, a priest was there, administering last rites. The priest turned to Quasimodo and asked, "Do you know this man?"
    Quasimodo answered, "No, but his face rings a bell."
  4. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 12:15
    Originally posted by pawnpaw
    No, only Bill...yuk yuk
  5. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 12:19
    I remember the first couple...Nee and Derthal
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 12:26
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    Quasimodo was in the steeple of Notre Dame looking down on the town when he noticed a man running to the ladder of the steeple. There was something odd about the man, but from a distance, Quasimodo couldn't distinguish what it was. The man climbed the ladder, and it was evident - he had no arms. He saw Quasimodo and said, "It has been my lifelong dre ...[text shortened]... simodo and asked, "Do you know this man?"
    Quasimodo answered, "No, but his face rings a bell."
    q
    Quasi asked his mother why she hadn't ironed his shirt .
    His mother told him , " because I couldn't find the wok ".

Quasi fell over and rocked himself too sleep trying to get back up again .
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 15:32
    Us card carrying old farts do. In fact we have 4 machines that still use TTL logic, not just the big four but also XOR gates, multivibrator, counters, 555 timers, analog switch circuits, solid state relays, and even PHYSICAL relays!
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 15:52
    A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her little red sports car and was pulled over by a female police officer, who was also a blonde.
    The officer asked to see the lady's driver's license. She dug through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated.
    "What does it look like?" she finally asked.
    The policewoman replied, "It's square and it has your picture on it."
    The driver finally found a mirror in her purse, looked at it and handed it to the policewoman. "Here it is," she said.
    The officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, "Okay, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop."
  9. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 17:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Us card carrying old farts do. In fact we have 4 machines that still use TTL logic, not just the big four but also XOR gates, multivibrator, counters, 555 timers, analog switch circuits, solid state relays, and even PHYSICAL relays!
    Wow! Me myself personally, have in my possession, in my house, wait for it...
    a valve driven radio ! Unfortunately, not working anymore, there's one valve for which I can not find a replacement. Usual stations we could pick up was Brazzaville, Leopoldville, Delhi, Dakar, Cincinnati, Australia, various stations allover.
    A genuine Pilot Commander, with medium wave, short wave and long wave bandspreads. Must have been made in the 1920's.
  10. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 17:14
    Yes, you're right. Its not a joke, so it shouldn't be here... 😀
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 21:121 edit
    Wow! Me myself personally, have in my possession, in my house, wait for it...
    a valve driven radio ! Unfortunately, not working anymore, there's one valve for which I can not find a replacement. Usual stations we could pick up was Brazzaville, Leopoldville, Delhi, Dakar, Cincinnati, Australia, various stations allover.
    A genuine Pilot Commander, with medium wave, short wave and long wave bandspreads. Must have been made in the 1920's.
    Did it look like this:

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/pilot_commander.html

This link shows the tubes(Valves to you) in this radio. They are available. Tell me which one and I will see what I can find.

When I was a kid my uncle had a Zenith Transoceanic, a great radio for the time. I was fascinated by all you could hear.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Mar '17 00:29
    Did it look like this:

I was fascinated by all you could hear.
    You desperately need new materiel.
  13. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    31 Mar '17 08:18
    Did it look like this:

This link shows the tubes(Valves to you) in this radio. They are available. Tell me which one and I will see what I can find.

When I was a kid my uncle had a Zenith Transoceanic, a great radio for the time. I was fascinated by all you could hear.
    The face of thescales looks the same, but mine is built into a very nice old cabinet, with a turntable to the left. I dunno how to get a photo across. Suggestions? Cellphone? Then how?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '17 14:48
    So this car jacker goes to New York city and waits for a nice sports car to pull up to the stop light so he can force the driver out and take the car. A red sports car finally drives up as he whips out a gun and demands that the driver get out of his car. Once inside the car, he looks around for a few minutes and then gets out of the car and runs down the street.

A few blocks down the road he does the same thing. He forces the driver out at gunpoint, looks around in the car, and the proceeds to exit the car and run down the street. After an hour or so of this the police finally catch up to the man and they ask him, why do you not take the car when you forced the drivers out? He said, I can't drive a stick.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '17 17:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    So this car jacker goes to New York city and waits for a nice sports car to pull up to the stop light so he can force the driver out and take the car. A red sports car finally drives up as he whips out a gun and demands that the driver get out of his car. Once inside the car, he looks around for a few minutes and then gets out of the car and runs down the ...[text shortened]... m, why do you not take the car when you forced the drivers out? He said, I can't drive a stick.
    I got another true story for ya.

These was an old lady walking her dog one day as a man came up behind her, bashed her over the head, and grabbed her purse. When she came around she started laughing. Puzzled, the police asked her what she was laughing about and wanted to know if she wanted to list what was stolen from her purse. She said, "That was not purse, that was a pooper scooper."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree