"Hey, lady, do you wanna fy.ck?"
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 15:55
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    The thread is now closed.
    So...
    "Hey, lady, do you wanna fy.ck?"
    "Body Heat" is one of those movies that just couldn't hold up to time.
    I remember when it first came out and was so verboten, so deliciously nasty.
    Watching it since?
    It's like reading your love letters from your sophomore year in high school: cringe freaking worthy.
    One wonders how one survived such blatant awkwardness, such total disregard for anything but outrageous emotions.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 18:29
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Watching it since?
    It's like reading your love letters from your sophomore year in high school: cringe freaking worthy.
    One wonders how one survived such blatant awkwardness, such total disregard for anything but outrageous emotions.
    If you still have your own love letters i'm assuming you wrote them to yourself?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Jul '16 19:46
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    If you still have your own love letters i'm assuming you wrote them to yourself?
    What's wrong with that? FMF has his.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '16 13:28
    For years I thought that that guy at the end with Turner on the beach is Danson. I suspected him to be in conspiracy against Hurt.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 15:29
    For years I thought that that guy at the end with Turner on the beach is Danson. I suspected him to be in conspiracy against Hurt.
    Google knows this one. I never saw the film
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 16:29
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Google knows this one. I never saw the film
    'Badges? We don't need no stinking badges'
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Aug '16 19:14
    The treasure of the Sierra Madre (I think)
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 20:17
    Watching it since?
    I would think you'd hold up this film as an example of the sheer conniving ability of women and how they would do anything, say anything to wrong a man.

Missed your chance, I guess, although that could be the real reason why you hate the film so much.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 20:18
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The treasure of the Sierra Madre (I think)
    Correctamundo!
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Aug '16 23:471 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I would think you'd hold up this film as an example of the sheer conniving ability of women and how they would do anything, say anything to wrong a man.

Missed your chance, I guess, although that could be the real reason why you hate the film so much.
    I originally thought it was one of those paper-thin plots used as a device to make a titillating skin flick with a then-nubile fresh-flesh Kathleen Turner (hubba-hubba turned chubba-chubba).
    However, it became increasingly obvious the director was taking a decidedly different tack.
    The role of the woman (the conniving woman, as you labeled her) is representative of a woman in society who has learned she will not be accepted on her own merits, therefore if she had ambitions for any power (represented here by the willed blood money), she must shed her own persona (several cut scenes depict her earlier identity as bespectacled, ungainly and socially repulsive, which were later reworked as released), and align herself with a man in order to obtain the means of her goals.
    As her blood lust is revealed, she shows a steely determination to continue working toward the goal with laser like focus: nothing will deter her or distract; she's considered every angle, detail.
    She knew from the beginning she would end up in the arms of a Spanish speaking illegal immigrant, sipping piña coladas on the shore.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Aug '16 08:50
    She knew from the beginning she would end up in the arms of a Spanish speaking illegal immigrant, sipping piña coladas on the shore.
    But did you? I doubt it.

Thus it's a good movie. The first time I saw this movie, I was stunned all the way through the credits. I mean most girls learn some manipulation ways by the end of high school, but in the words of Tom Petty, it blew me away, it was more than I had seen. This is what makes good stories, the twist, the one thing you didn't expect.

For me, it wasn't that she did it. It was the great lengths she put into the preparation. It was the premeditation.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 11:08
    "It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them."
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 11:21
    "Rosemary's Baby"?
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Aug '16 12:22
    "Rosemary's Baby"?
    no.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree