1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 20:05
    Originally posted by Torunn
    It didn't take much to have a good time - good friends, wine/beer. Didn't need much sleep either.
    WOW. Exactly...were you there? 😉
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 20:091 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    WOW. Exactly...were you there? 😉
    You didn't notice, did you? 🙂 I remember the cable spools.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 20:15
    You didn't notice, did you? 🙂
    Well there were a few people there who had accents (other than Canadian). Were you the young lady with the white wine, mini skirt and flowers in your hair?
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 20:18
    Well there were a few people there who had accents (other than Canadian). Were you the young lady with the white wine, mini skirt and flowers in your hair?
    No, that wasn't me . I don't remember much but I do recall the cable spools.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 20:30
    No, that wasn't me . I don't remember much but I do recall the cable spools.
    Oh now I remember you. You were the young lady in the flowing white dress who kept on saying, "Just leave the bottle and I really, I mean really, love what you've done with these spools. Do you mind if I steal your ikea....I mean idea"?
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 21:21
    Oh now I remember you. You were the young lady in the flowing white dress who kept on saying, "Just leave the bottle and I really, I mean really, love what you've done with these spools. Do you mind if I steal your ikea....I mean idea"?
    Yes, now that you mention it... They weren't comfortable, but I remember thinking simplicity is the way to go. And the bottle, that would be typically me. 🙂
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 00:251 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I assume that IKEA succeeded in becoming the household name for affordable furniture in most of Europe...
    IKEA is big in Australia too. For rented city apartments it's great - doesn't overwhelm the tiny rooms. Not so popular in sprawling suburban houses, except in kids' rooms and the study/den/guestroom.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 10:45
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    IKEA is big in Australia too. For rented city apartments it's great - doesn't overwhelm the tiny rooms. Not so popular in sprawling suburban houses, except in kids' rooms and the study/den/guestroom.
    So shall we go for "Western world"?
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 15:15
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    So shall we go for "Western world"?
    Australia is as far east as it gets.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 15:261 edit
    They also have Ikea in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Taiwan, Malaysia, China, Israel, Dominican republic, Thailand, Macau (had to Google that), Egypt, Qutar, Jordan, Indonesia, South Korea and Morocco.

Still western?

Actually Japan was the fifth country to have Ikea in 1976. Ireland didn't have it's first store until 2009...
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 15:46
    A word on health and safety re IKEA's under the bed large storage drawer on wheels.

Never temporarily prop it up against the foot of your bed whilst wondering where to relocate it. Today at 04:00 I tripped over mine and almost fell flat on my face into it in the dark as it had fallen onto the floor during the night.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 14:26
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    A word on health and safety re IKEA's under the bed large storage drawer on wheels.

Never temporarily prop it up against the foot of your bed whilst wondering where to relocate it. Today at 04:00 I tripped over mine and almost fell flat on my face into it in the dark as it had fallen onto the floor during the night.
    Note to self: PM The Drewnone nightly to remind her to make sure the wheeled under bed storage drawer is safely stowed away. She seems a wee bit absent minded. 😲🙄😉
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 15:30
    Note to self: PM The Drewnone nightly to remind her to make sure the wheeled under bed storage drawer is safely stowed away. She seems a wee bit absent minded. 😲🙄😉
    You're a couple of days late Stees, she alrealy killed herself :'(
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 16:22
    Originally posted by Trev33
    You're a couple of days late Stees, she alrealy killed herself :'(
    😲...Oh say it ain't so.😳😞
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Mar '17 18:32
    😲...Oh say it ain't so.😳😞
    she posted today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree