1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 23:351 edit
    What are your thoughts on this? Are you unerved by women who pay their way or do you find this attractive? Maybe you insist on paying for everything but deep down inside you resent it and wish she'd offer sometimes but feel too embarrassed to mention it? What if she earns lots more than you yet still expects you to pay?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 23:46
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    What are your thoughts on this? Are you unerved by women who pay their way or do you find this attractive? Maybe you insist on paying for everything but deep down inside you resent it and wish she'd offer sometimes but feel too embarrassed to mention it? What if she earns lots more than you yet still expects you to pay?
    Marriage obliterated all these questions for me.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 00:142 edits
    It is attractive unless she INSISTS every time. Then it gets obnoxious.

If a woman with more money always insisted I always pay for dates she better be either damn good in bed - maybe even submissively so like I tell her what to do and she does it - or the mother of my children or both.

Otherwise I'd feel like she was just using me because she thought I was weak and would let her. She'd probably cheat on me anyway the selfish b* after I bought her dinner with one of her paid gigolos.

I'd rather be the gigolo than the sucker who wastes on his money on a woman for nothing.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 00:201 edit
    I am from the old school. I think that the man should always pay. Probably gives away my age but at this point it really doesn't matter to me. Even if I am out with a group, I usually pay for the group. ( Talking about a meal here)

I am pleasantly surprised when someone else in the group offer to pay the tab, I must admit.

-VR
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 01:47
    This should not be an issue. Reverse the genders to see your question in a new light.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 01:50
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It is attractive unless she INSISTS every time. Then it gets obnoxious.

If a woman with more money always insisted I always pay for dates she better be either damn good in bed - maybe even submissively so like I tell her what to do and she does it - or the mother of my children or both.

Otherwise I'd feel like she was just using me because she t ...[text shortened]... gigolos.

I'd rather be the gigolo than the sucker who wastes on his money on a woman for nothing.
    Dude! Issues, much?
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 01:57
    You have a dinner date with a new bloke and you want to know if he'll find it awkward for you to split the tab or pay in full.

My advice: When in doubt, don't. Next time, if there is a next time, set the ground rules in advance.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 04:17
    Never crosses my mind, but then I've had one joint bank account with my wife for nearly 27 years so it's not an issue. If I was "out there again" I'd like to be treated to a meal occasionally, and reciprocate, otherwise it's 50/50 I guess.
  9. RSA
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 07:22
    50/50 please. True equality is not judging who pays on gender.
  10. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 18:19
    Originally posted by apathist
    This should not be an issue. Reverse the genders to see your question in a new light.
    What are your thoughts on this? Are you unerved by men who pay their way or do you find this attractive? Maybe you insist on paying for everything but deep down inside you resent it and wish he'd offer sometimes but feel too embarrassed to mention it? What if he earns lots more than you yet still expects you to pay?

It looks weird!

One justification I read for the man paying was that women fork out a lot of money to look good for a man on a date such as hair appointments, make-up, clothes etc.
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 18:24
    I thought 'going Dutch' was something else.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 18:391 edit
    Unless there is a huge difference in financial circumstances, if taken out to dinner I would prefer that he takes the cost the first time, then we take turns or split 50/50. I would feel uncomfortable if he insisted on paying every time.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 19:55
    On the first date I say the man pays after which they decide where it goes from there.
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 21:44
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    On the first date I say the man pays after which they decide where it goes from there.
    I suppose that is what Swedish men expect too - men from other cultures may feel it's 'unmanly' but they will soon see the advantages, I think 🙂
  15. RSA
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 21:53
    Originally posted by Torunn
    I suppose that is what Swedish men expect too - men from other cultures may feel it's 'unmanly' but they will soon see the advantages, I think 🙂
    If a man's masculinity is threatened by who pays the bill they are very insecure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree