1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 23:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Did you not take trig 101 in high school? If you walk in a straight line from a circle, you are in fact on a tangent to that circle. You should take some remidial math, it might help you see what I am taking about. There IS no going straight on a flat plane circular path. You ALWAYS are in a circlular movement. What exactly is so hard to understand about th ...[text shortened]... ing to rest in some kind of culvert where its solar cells could not get sunlight. Goodbye probe.
    If you walk in a straight line from a circle, you are in fact on a tangent to that circle.
    You are not walking in a straight line from a circle, you are walking in a straight line on a circle.
    Not possible to detect the circular path achieved by simply remaining 90° from north.
    And you certainly aren't making any turns: you are 'sketching' out a million straight lines--- all of them pointing along that same cardinal point--- and that line would eventually form a circle when viewed in its entirety, would appear as though the path was a constant turn to the left.
    But not a single turn occurred, any more than any turn takes place when you're simply standing in one spot facing east.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 00:08
    Did you not take trig 101 in high school? If you walk in a straight line from a circle, you are in fact on a tangent to that circle. You should take some remidial math, it might help you see what I am taking about. There IS no going straight on a flat plane circular path. You ALWAYS are in a circlular movement. What exactly is so hard to understand about th ...[text shortened]... ing to rest in some kind of culvert where its solar cells could not get sunlight. Goodbye probe.
    So if it is not 25K miles circumference, what is the size of Earth?
    16,262 miles, give or take.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 13:39
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]So if it is not 25K miles circumference, what is the size of Earth?
    16,262 miles, give or take.[/b]
    5 digit accuracy. How do you come across that number, or more correctly, how did your flatass buddies come across that number?

Are you saying Earth is like some kind of inverted bowl, hollow in center or some such?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 13:56
    5 digit accuracy. How do you come across that number, or more correctly, how did your flatass buddies come across that number?

Are you saying Earth is like some kind of inverted bowl, hollow in center or some such?
    What I don't get it, we look up to the moon, the sun, and if one has a telescope, Mars and Venus, and Saturn, and Jupiter, and they are all round looking.

Why would Earth be different?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 14:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    What I don't get it, we look up to the moon, the sun, and if one has a telescope, Mars and Venus, and Saturn, and Jupiter, and they are all round looking.

Why would Earth be different?
    Boy are you behind times. Didn't you know Earth is the center of the entire universe? AND said universe spins around US which is why we see the stars move. They do have that pesky detail to explain, why stars below the equator seem to be moving in the opposite direction to the north.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 14:512 edits
    Boy are you behind times. Didn't you know Earth is the center of the entire universe? AND said universe spins around US which is why we see the stars move. They do have that pesky detail to explain, why stars below the equator seem to be moving in the opposite direction to the north.
    😳

Copernicus lied?

i'll have his arse up a flag pole! 😠
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 15:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    😳

Copernicus lied?

i'll have his arse up a flag pole! 😠
    It was all the result of Rosecrucians taking over the world. They just don't want us to know the true facts of Earth and our place in the universe.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 22:001 edit
    It was all the result of Rosecrucians taking over the world. They just don't want us to know the true facts of Earth and our place in the universe.
    I'm going to settle this once and for all, I'm going to place a marble on the floor. If it rolls, the earth is round, if not, it is flat.

Ok, here is goes...........................................................No!!!!!!!!

Sorry gramps, let me help you up, or should I call the squad?
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 22:54
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. The first caveman who deduced the earth was flat was a genius. Any neanderthal can see the earth goes up and down, all mountains and valleys. It took a stone-age einstein to see that shoot, it kinda averages out.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 01:22
    Close.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Mar '17 15:26
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    You don't really believe Freaky believes his own nonsense, do you? It's a forum persona, you know. He's probably a perfectly rational being, entertaining himself hugely by putting up this loony image.
    What do you think now?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree