1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 23:07
    Any of you here ever been in a position where you had to fire (or at least point) a gun at someone to defend yourself? Or, has anyone here ever been shot at (or had a gun in their face)?

My first apartment when I was 19 was in a crime-ridden area. My complex had three other apartments, and we were all cool with each other. The neighbors downstairs (a guy and his girlfriend, also about 19) sold cocaine. We all knew this, and they knew we knew. We lived by an unwritten "no-snitch" rule.

One night there was a swat team and a swarm of cops around our apartment running a drug bust. One of my neighbors ran to my door knocking; before I could open it, I had a scuffle on the floor. When I opened the door, the hallway was swarmed with people in SWAT-like attire (full black, head-to-toe body army and face masks). My neighbor was on the floor, surrounded. One of the SWAT team people pointed a black rifle at me that had a laser, and pointed the laser at my head. He said "close the door".

Like a defiant, and utter dipsht, I deliberately stared at him with a smirk, and took my sweet time to close the door. I thought it was cool at the time, but that could've been a bullet in my head.

I went to the roof through the fire escape to see what was going on, and the place was goddamn littered with cop cars and police vans. As I was trying to get back into my apartment unseen, someone from across the street yelled "yo po-po!" So much for that no-snitch rule. My door was broken down, and I was put in cuffs, while my place was searched.

They never found the coke. While the SWAT people were searching, the girlfriend whispered in my ear with a smile (it's in the wall). They must've hid it pretty well for her to smile like that. And get this: after about an hour, after the SWAT people were wrapping up and getting ready to leave---I swear I'm not making this up---they ordered pizza, and eat it, still in full SWAT gear, mask and everything, with their guns laying either on the floor or up against a wall of the apartment they suspected.

But yeah, that's the closest I've ever come to being shot.
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 23:23
    I got hit by a flying stone once. My brother was aiming for my friend and I got it in the forehead. We were running around the local farmyard. My friend had a thing for the farmers son and was always following him around. My brother was a bit of a rogue but never touched cocaine. When the stone hit me it bled like hell. I had to go to hospital to get it sutured. I told my dad I had fallen and hit my head on the corner of the cow shed. He didn't believe me and said that my wound couldn't possible have happened that way. The same brother once made a bow and arrow with a holly branch and my dad's fishing line. My other brother once shot a boy in the thigh with his air rifle.

Life sometimes got a bit wild in rural Wales.
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 23:29
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I got hit by a flying stone once. My brother was aiming for my friend and I got it in the forehead. We were running around the local farmyard. My friend had a thing for the farmers son and was always following him around. My brother was a bit of a rogue but never touched cocaine. When the stone hit me it bled like hell. I had to go to hospital to get it su ...[text shortened]... ce shot a boy in the thigh with his air rifle.

Life sometimes got a bit wild in rural Wales.
    if you were packing
    you could have put an end to his reign of terror
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 01:30
    you want every time i've had a weapon pointed at me,
    or just the scary times???
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 12:22
    quarOriginally posted by vivify
    Any of you here ever been in a position where you had to fire (or at least point) a gun at someone to defend yourself? Or, has anyone here ever been shot at (or had a gun in their face)?

My first apartment when I was 19 was in a crime-ridden area. My complex had three other apartments, and we were all cool with each other. The neighbors downstairs ...[text shortened]... of the apartment they suspected.

But yeah, that's the closest I've ever come to being shot.
    Long time ago age 18, I had purchased a crossman pellet gun, CO2 powered. It looked very dangerous, pistol shape.

So one day I happen to have been driving 4 of my much younger cousins in my car and we were set upon by some thugs slapping chains on the sides of their car intimidating us. This was in Escondido California, a mountainous area. We drove as fast as we could through sleepy neighborhoods and into countryside roads, then turned down one street with the thugs after us. Turns out to have been a big mistake, could have been anyway.

So I had my crossman with me, but the road ended in a 300 foot high cliff.

The thugs pulled into the cul de sac thinking they were going to raise havoc with us.

So I got out stood in back of the car, crossman pellet gun (a single shot deal) and just stood there hands crossed over the gun quite obvious to the thugs.

What happened next would have made a great youtube video: They saw the gun, and then went into reverse gear, burning rubber backwards and lit off down the roadπŸ™‚

It was just plain luck they didn't recognize it for what it was, just a pellet gun which would have maybe hit one of them and penetrate a quarter inch, really tick them off and we would have been dead but they scared easily it turned out!
  6. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 21:16
    Lived briefly in South Africa in the 80's.
    The cops used to say if you got a robber in your house or yard shoot twice.
    Once as a warning shot.
    We don't care what order you shoot.
    I had a robbers.
    They only tried once though.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 21:40
    I have never owned a gun, or rifle, not to say I have never used one. Lucky for me I've never had to use a weapon to defend myself.

-VR
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 22:24
    Yes.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 23:06
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Yes.
    Does your avatar indicate the reason?
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 11:18
    In Britain a gentleman invariably arms himself with a sturdy umbrella. Thank goodness I have never had cause to use mine in self-defense, though did once rely on it to protect me from some rather troublesome hailstones.

(And a goat. But that's an entirely different story).
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 11:39
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    In Britain a gentleman invariably arms himself with a sturdy umbrella. Thank goodness I have never had cause to use mine in self-defense, though did once rely on it to protect me from some rather troublesome hailstones.

(And a goat. But that's an entirely different story).
    Goad,

The goat story sounds like it might have been worth talking about. πŸ˜‰

-VR
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 15:17
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Goad,

The goat story sounds like it might have been worth talking about. πŸ˜‰

-VR
    I was 'kidding' about the goat.

😞
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 15:42
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I was 'kidding' about the goat.

😞
    Goad,

Sure, put us in suspense then leave us there!!! πŸ˜›

-VR
  14. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 17:21
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Goad,

Sure, put us in suspense then leave us there!!! πŸ˜›

-VR
    Maybe Goad is a goat? πŸ™‚
  15. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    16 Feb '17 17:21
    Originally posted by pawnpaw
    Maybe Goad is a goat? πŸ™‚
    Goad, do you wear a coat? πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree