1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 06:25
    This isn't a sarcastic post. Trump recently struck a deal with a large company that resulted in them keeping jobs in the U.S. rather than bringing them to Mexico. To be clear: the deal is far from perfect; but Trump succeeded where Obama most likely wouldn't have. The video explains why.

YouTube
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 07:28
    Originally posted by vivify
    This isn't a sarcastic post. Trump recently struck a deal with a large company that resulted in them keeping jobs in the U.S. rather than bringing them to Mexico. To be clear: the deal is far from perfect; but Trump succeeded where Obama most likely wouldn't have. The video explains why.

[youtube]kXnsF2-pav8[/youtube]
    Sounds like a great deal for the US tax payer.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 08:33

He bribed them with Indiana tax money. That's why Pence isn't giving up his position just yet. He has to clear the money.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 09:03

In the campaign, Trump promised to punish companies that outsourced US jobs not have the taxpayers pay subsidies so they wouldn't do so.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 09:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    In the campaign, Trump promised to punish companies that outsourced US jobs not have the taxpayers pay subsidies so they wouldn't do so.
    True but only a person who made similar points about Obama's lies doesn't come off as a hypocrite while pointing it out.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 12:424 edits
    That is what you would call a lie, wouldn't' you agree? After all, it's not like we are talking about your girl Hillary here.

At least Trump is not taking away your doctor and health coverage and raising your premiums at the same time.

Speaking of promising to punish, Hillary does not have a care in the world now, other than counting votes at taxpayer expense after promising to abide by the election results.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 16:071 edit
    Yes; and this is part of what makes this far from perfect. As a Republican, you can't really expect him to punish companies for outsourcing jobs; and as a businessman who not only outsourced, but hired illegals to pay them slave-wages, I don't think Trump has it in him to do that.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side of Trump election, I guess. Some jobs were kept in the U.S. Obviously, we can't afford to keep bribing every company who wants to outsource.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 16:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    That is what you would call a lie, wouldn't' you agree? After all, it's not like we are talking about your girl Hillary here.

At least Trump is not taking away your doctor and health coverage and raising your premiums at the same time.

Speaking of promising to punish, Hillary does not have a care in the world now, other than counting votes at taxpayer expense after promising to abide by the election results.
    Shouldn't you be back in the other thread complaining about whether Hillary wears makeup or not?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 18:46
    Yes; and this is part of what makes this far from perfect. As a Republican, you can't really expect him to punish companies for outsourcing jobs; and as a businessman who not only outsourced, but hired illegals to pay them slave-wages, I don't think Trump has it in him to do that.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side of Trump election, I guess. So ...[text shortened]... ept in the U.S. Obviously, we can't afford to keep bribing every company who wants to outsource.
    I thought he was going to him them with a 35 percent tariff. The Dumpster is such a liar.
  10. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 19:07
    I don't think this is a success or failure, it is merely a highlight of the issue. If the United States continues to have higher tax costs, business are going to be inclined at times to do business where it is cheaper. If the US want to keep those business it may have to reduce costs -- tax breaks or other offsetting benefits. Whether or not it is a good deal obviously depends on the details, but it seems more efficient and fair to lower tax burdens than individually negotiate each case.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 20:18

Really?

Trump is going to need a thousand "Carriers" to save more jobs than Obama.

Now how much tax revenue that will cost America is another story entirely.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 20:19
    Originally posted by Eladar
    True but only a person who made similar points about Obama's lies doesn't come off as a hypocrite while pointing it out.
    Brainless, as usual.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 20:23
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I don't think this is a success or failure, it is merely a highlight of the issue. If the United States continues to have higher tax costs, business are going to be inclined at times to do business where it is cheaper. If the US want to keep those business it may have to reduce costs -- tax breaks or other offsetting benefits. Whether or not it is a g ...[text shortened]... but it seems more efficient and fair to lower tax burdens than individually negotiate each case.
    Of course, reduce the corporate tax so that revenue must be picked up by those "little people" who get to keep their jobs. Genius.

And oh, so "American".

Forget "E Pluribus Unum". How about making it "Screw the Little Guy"?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 20:242 edits
    Shouldn't you be back in the other thread complaining about whether Hillary wears makeup or not?
    I noticed you did not join in to support Hillary in not wearing makeup, you sexist pig.

You are a makeup oppressor. 😠
  15. Germany
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 21:30
    So how many public servants is Trump going to lay off to fund these subsidies?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree