1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 17:031 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Freaky: If ANYONE truly thought they were killing PEOPLE when performing an abortion, there would be --- there SHOULD be --- war in the streets.

I wholeheartedly agree which is why all this "murder" talk from the whodeys of the world is mere shilling.
    So you obviously think that the baby is human in the third trimester and women who have partial birth abortions should be thrown in jail or worse.

Well that is just wonderful. Many people do not. So what? Who cares what the majority thinks in regards to such issues? Does the majority make it seem any more right or wrong?

The bottom line is, people tend to side with the majority. it's instinctive. That's why killing a slave in the 1800's was deemed OK. It is also true that the majority tend to side with the morality of lawmakers.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 17:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you obviously think that the baby is human in the third trimester and women who have partial birth abortions should be thrown in jail or worse.

Well that is just wonderful. Many people do not. So what? Who cares what the majority thinks in regards to such issues? Does the majority make it seem any more right or wrong?

The bottom line is, people t ...[text shortened]... s was deemed OK. It is also true that the majority tend to side with the morality of lawmakers.
    There's no such thing as a "partial birth abortion"; that's something right wing propagandists cooked up.

After natural viability, I'm fine with laws banning abortions except to preserve the mother's life or health. I'm not sure who isn't; perhaps some tiny minority.

Your last paragraph is more of your typical raving (BTW it was illegal to kill a slave in the 1800s in the US). There is nothing "instinctive" about siding with the majority. And your perverse idea that people are mere sheep who do whatever they are told has been contradicted by history billions of times.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 18:53
    Freaky: If ANYONE truly thought they were killing PEOPLE when performing an abortion, there would be --- there SHOULD be --- war in the streets.

I wholeheartedly agree which is why all this "murder" talk from the whodeys of the world is mere shilling.
    I don't know about that.

There is a movement (albeit small) to legalize "after birth abortion"

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-shocking-case-for-legalizing-infanticide-2012-2

Infanticide? Today? Alas, yes. In fact, although technically illegal, baby killing already is being carried out in the Netherlands as a logical extension of that country’s euthanasia license. A bureaucratic check list has even been published — including in the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine — known as the Groningen Protocol, by which Dutch neonatologists determine which sick and disabled babies qualify to be euthanized. Indeed, according to two articles published in The Lancet, about 8% of all babies who die each year in the Netherlands (80-90) are killed by their own doctors.

But now, some advocates want to take the infanticide license beyond unhealthy and disabled babies, to include unwanted babies. A new article that has gotten much attention in the blogosphere, “After-Birth Abortion: Why Should the Baby Live?” published in the Journal of Medical Ethics, asserts that whatever reasons justify abortion — and in the USA that means anything and everything — also support the right of parents to have unwanted infants painlessly killed.

While I don't think early term abortion is murder, I do think that killing a 20 day old baby is murder. But if society legalized it, would I go to "war in the streets"? I don't think so. Like most people, I'm generally not willing to put the safety of myself and my family on the line to save strangers and, though I'd find any such infanticide law exceedingly morally repugnant, I'd probably confine my protest to expression and the voting booth.

While I don't agree, I don't think considering abortion murder is an impossible position to take, especially late term abortion. Late term abortion, while proscribed in most states, is apparently legal in 7 states and DC.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/01/a-look-at-late-term-abortion-restrictions-state-by-state/448098/

I don't think the fact that abortion opponents don't take the streets and foment a civil war proves that they don't consider abortion murder.

Incidentally, I would support life imprisonment (or at least a long prison term) for "after birth abortion" but I will not participate in a riot when and if the first state allows it.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 20:40
    Originally posted by sh76
    I don't know about that.

There is a movement (albeit small) to legalize "after birth abortion"

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-shocking-case-for-legalizing-infanticide-2012-2

[quote]Infanticide? Today? Alas, yes. In fact, although technically illegal, baby killing already is being carried out in the Netherlands as a logical extension of that countr ...[text shortened]... fter birth abortion" but I will not participate in a riot when and if the first state allows it.
    IF one believes that legalized abortion is murder and that its death toll far exceeds say the Holocaust, what is the moral justification for doing nothing but waving some placards or voting for the Ted Cruzes of the world?
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 20:461 edit
    IF one believes that legalized abortion is murder and that its death toll far exceeds say the Holocaust, what is the moral justification for doing nothing but waving some placards or voting for the Ted Cruzes of the world?
    Understood.

But let's pose it this way:

Is Eric Rudolph:

a) a bad person because he doesn't really believe abortion is murder and so he is being dishonest about it

b) a bad person because even if he sincerely believes abortion is murder, he's still not justified in bombing an abortion clinic

c) not a bad person if he sincerely believes abortion is murder

?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 23:315 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    Understood.

But let's pose it this way:

Is Eric Rudolph:

a) a bad person because he doesn't really believe abortion is murder and so he is being dishonest about it

b) a bad person because even if he sincerely believes abortion is murder, he's still not justified in bombing an abortion clinic

c) not a bad person if he sincerely believes abortion is murder

?
    I think that Marauder thinks that Christians should shoot down the police in the streets the same way BLM shoots police officers for wrongly shooting innocent blacks. In the mind of a left winger, that is how you accomplish justice.

Then Christians attempt at change in a nonviolent way by voting or running for office, they are told they should not vote their conscience due to separation of church and state.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '16 23:47
    Kaine addresses crowd in Spanish, probably why he was chosen, to tell them that he would introduce amnesty plan in first 100 days.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/23/tim-kaine-addresses-crowd-in-spanish-promises-amnesty-plan-in-the-first-100-days-in-office/
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 03:14
    I think that Marauder thinks that Christians should shoot down the police in the streets the same way BLM shoots police officers for wrongly shooting innocent blacks. In the mind of a left winger, that is how you accomplish justice.

Then Christians attempt at change in a nonviolent way by voting or running for office, they are told they should not vote their conscience due to separation of church and state.
    You are an incredibly contemptible liar; could you produce one single shred of evidence that BLM had ANYTHING to do with shootings of police officers? No, you can't but the truth has never interfered with your partisan political shilling.

Yeah, the history of Christianity is seeped in nonviolence!🙄🙄🙄🙄

You don't believe in nonviolence yourself (you are no Quaker), so why don't you stop being such an obvious phony?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 03:16
    Kaine addresses crowd in Spanish, probably why he was chosen, to tell them that he would introduce amnesty plan in first 100 days.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/23/tim-kaine-addresses-crowd-in-spanish-promises-amnesty-plan-in-the-first-100-days-in-office/
    Breitbart is such an impressive source for balanced views of the political situation. What was infowars down tonight?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 03:201 edit
    You are an incredibly contemptible liar; could you produce one single shred of evidence that BLM had ANYTHING to do with shootings of police officers? No, you can't but the truth has never interfered with your partisan political shilling.

Yeah, the history of Christianity is seeped in nonviolence!🙄🙄🙄🙄

You don't believe in nonviolence yourself (you are no Quaker), so why don't you stop being such an obvious phony?
    The "Christianity" you speak of was hijacked by Constantine who was not even a Christian. Up until the time of Constantine Christians had been living peaceably for hundreds of years while being thrown to the lions.

I don't think of myself as a pacifist, rather, I think being a Christian involves only using aggression to accomplish the will of God. I don't think the Crusades/Inquisitions/Jewish persecution, came from God.

As for BLM, here is a group of blacks chanting death to cops.

YouTube
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 03:241 edit
    The "Christianity" you speak of was hijacked by Constantine who was not even a Christian. Up until the time of Constantine Christians had been living peaceably for hundreds of years while being thrown to the lions.

I don't think of myself as a pacifist, rather, I think being a Christian involves only using aggression to accomplish the will of God. I don't think the Crusades/Inquisitions/Jewish persecution, came from God.
    You do think that women who have abortions should be put to death though, correct? What other penalty would be appropriate for child killers? Maybe they should be thrown to lions.

Yeah, Jesus as part of your triune God was incredibly peaceful in the OT.🙄🙄🙄

EDIT: OOOOO, a small group of blacks MUST represent BLM! Your logic is impeccable.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '16 03:371 edit
    You do think that women who have abortions should be put to death though, correct? What other penalty would be appropriate for child killers? Maybe they should be thrown to lions.

Yeah, Jesus as part of your triune God was incredibly peaceful in the OT.🙄🙄🙄

EDIT: OOOOO, a small group of blacks MUST represent BLM! Your logic is impeccable.
    Did I say that? No, I said that women should be charged the same as women who kill their newly born children.

And yes, I think some people need to be put to death, but to sit here and generalize is idiotic.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 14:341 edit
    YouTube

while tim kaine is boring, mike pence is boring and a homophobic ass that stole campaign funds.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 08:281 edit
    YouTube

"this guys is a walking hug"
    funny 😀

"Kaine's humanity is flowing into hillary"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree