1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '16 05:57
    "The Tytler Cycle Revisited" (Written by admin888 on June 16, 2015 by John Eberhard 03/14/09)

"In 2003 I became very interested in a theory developed by Scottish historian Alexander Tytler, and wrote an article on it at the time, which ironically enough is now getting a lot of attention due to being linked to from Wikipedia. Tytler’s theory set forth a cycle that every democracy goes through, which goes like this. Tytler said the cycle starts out with a society in bondage. Then it goes in this sequence:

Bondage
    Spiritual Faith
    Courage
    Liberty
    Abundance
    Selfishness
    Complacency
    Apathy
    Dependence
    Then starting over with Bondage

Tytler organized these items in a circle..." (to be continued)

http://commonsensegovernment.com/the-tytler-cycle-revisited/

"Leave a Comment..."
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 May '16 07:51
    Nasty creepy websites you visit.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 May '16 08:021 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Perhaps you may actually address the content of GB's text that being the cyclical nature of societies as postulated by said Scottish historian ?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    19 May '16 15:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

"Leave a Comment..."
    It's BS and too vague to merit serious consideration.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '16 17:41
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    GB "likes to chat"...
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '16 13:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "The Tytler Cycle Revisited" (Written by admin888 on June 16, 2015 by John Eberhard 03/14/09)

"In 2003 I became very interested in a theory developed by Scottish historian Alexander Tytler, and wrote an article on it at the time, which ironically enough is now getting a lot of attention due to being linked to from Wikipedia. Tytler’s theory ...[text shortened]... commonsensegovernment.com/the-tytler-cycle-revisited/

"Leave a Comment..."
    "The Tytler Cycle Revisited"

"I was fascinated with this because to me it seemed to explain what we are going through as a country right now, where people are more interested in how they can somehow soak the system to get their free ride, than building anything. Clearly we are on the left side of this cycle, somewhere in the selfishness, complacency, apathy or dependence side.

Recently I found an article entitled “An American Tragedy” dated 12/16/08 by James Quinn, a financial writer and senior director of strategic planning for a major university. Most of the article is about disgraced investment guru Bernie Madoff, but a good chunk of it concerns the Tytler cycle and exactly where Quinn thinks we are in the cycle. Here’s what Quinn has to say:

“The following quote attributed to Scottish history professor Alexander Tyler in 1787, seems to portray an accurate reflection of what has occurred during our 200+ years of existence as a democracy.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."
    “The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

◾From bondage to spiritual faith;
    ◾From spiritual faith to great courage;
    ◾From courage to liberty;
    ◾From liberty to abundance;
    ◾From abundance to complacency;
    ◾From complacency to apathy;
    ◾From apathy to dependence;
    ◾From dependence back into bondage..." (to be continued)

7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 May '16 18:591 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)

"In 2003 I became very interested in a theory developed by Scottish historian Alexander Tytler, and wrote an article on it at the time, which ironically enough is now getting a lot of attention due to being linked to from Wikipedia. Tytler’s theory onsensegovernment.com/the-tytler-cycle-revisited/

"Leave a Comment..."

"I was fascinated with this because to me it seemed to explain what we are going through as a country right now, where people are more interested in how they can somehow soak the system to get their free ride, than building anything. Clearly we are on the left side of this cycle, somewhere in the selfishness, complacency, apathy or dependence side.

Recently I found an article entitled “An American Tragedy” dated 12/16/08 by James Quinn, a financial writer and senior director of strategic planning for a major university. Most of the article is about disgraced investment guru Bernie Madoff, but a good chunk of it concerns the Tytler cycle and exactly where Quinn thinks we are in the cycle. Here’s what Quinn has to say:

“The following quote attributed to Scottish history professor Alexander Tyler in 1787, seems to portray an accurate reflection of what has occurred during our 200+ years of existence as a democracy.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."
    “The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

◾From bondage to spiritual faith;
    ◾From spiritual faith to great courage;
    ◾From courage to liberty;
    ◾From liberty to abundance;
    ◾From abundance to complacency;
    ◾From complacency to apathy;
    ◾From apathy to dependence;
    ◾From dependence back into bondage" (2: to be continued)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree