22 May '17 08:53
    YouTube

Last week of stupid covered by John Oliver
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 11:31
    perhaps the most important point of this piece is this (paraphrased):
    "Following StupidGate's every development is time consuming and it seems like nothing else happened over the last weeks, but that is a dangerous thing to believe. This administration has made significant moves that escaped people's attention:
    Jeff Sessions moved to lengthen drug sentences.
    Trump is going to propose slashing medicaid and other safety net benefits.
    The administration might slash key Obamacare subsidies [seems they decided not to let it fail on its own after all but giving it a helping hand by shooting it in the kneecaps]"
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 May '17 11:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    perhaps the most important point of this piece is this (paraphrased):
    "Following StupidGate's every development is time consuming and it seems like nothing else happened over the last weeks, but that is a dangerous thing to believe. This administration has made significant moves that escaped people's attention:
    Jeff Sessions moved to lengthen drug senten ...[text shortened]... o let it fail on its own after all but giving it a helping hand by shooting it in the kneecaps]"
    And after hamstringing Obamacare, they will accuse it of being a "disaster", when Republicans are the ones sabotaging it.

I wonder why they don't simply hijack Obamacare like they did the EPA, which now serves their corporate interests, since Trump slashed their scientists, put a gag order on the EPA communicating with the public, slashed the EPA's staff and put someone in charge who not only doesn't believe in climate change, but actively protested the EPA many times.

Trump made a living from re-branding things with his own name. He may as well do it with Obamacare: change it to benefit the rich, make women pay more for coverage, allow companies to charge more for pre-existing conditions, and boom---Trumpcare. And just like everything else Trump re-brands, it will be worse, and will eventually go bankrupt.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 May '17 12:26
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFdsl29s_Q

Last week of stupid covered by John Oliver
    Perfect person to cover it: the man is a tool.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 May '17 13:12
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Perfect person to cover it: the man is a tool.
    What makes him a tool? The fact that he criticizes your side?
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 16:47
    Originally posted by vivify
    What makes him a tool? The fact that he criticizes your side?
    don't feed the troll please
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 May '17 16:511 edit
    don't feed the troll please
    True, since this is what your OP is referring to: getting distracted by Trump's tomfoolery, while other, really important issues are being overlooked.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 16:59
    True, since this is what your OP is referring to: getting distracted by Trump's tomfoolery, while other, really important issues are being overlooked.
    i don't expect a discussion, i just posted it because it is entertaining and well made.

I would rather this thread die than spend 20 posts explaining to the fool in what ways he is retarded.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 May '17 17:05
    And after hamstringing Obamacare, they will accuse it of being a "disaster", when Republicans are the ones sabotaging it.

I wonder why they don't simply hijack Obamacare like they did the EPA, which now serves their corporate interests, since Trump slashed their scientists, put a gag order on the EPA communicating with the public, slashed the EPA's staff ...[text shortened]... nd just like everything else Trump re-brands, it will be worse, and will eventually go bankrupt.
    "And after hamstringing Obamacare, they will accuse it of being a "disaster", when Republicans are the ones sabotaging it. "
    that is starting to not work anymore. more and more republicans are realizing that their elected representatives are beyond obviously working against their interests and are letting them know in town hall meetings all over the country.

"Trump made a living from re-branding things with his own name. He may as well do it with Obamacare: change it to benefit the rich, make women pay more for coverage, allow companies to charge more for pre-existing conditions, and boom---Trumpcare. "
    AHCA is exactly that.

"And just like everything else Trump re-brands, it will be worse, and will eventually go bankrupt."
    you can't go bankrupt if you don't have expenses. Trumpcare will only fail at providing care. You can be very fiscally balanced if you have nothing to pay for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree