1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 17:532 edits
    Mueller’s team is widening his investigation to include Trump's business dealings, including looking at the Trump SoHo hotel condominium development, which was a licensing deal with Bayrock Capital LLC. In 2010, the former finance director of Bayrock filed a lawsuit claiming the firm structured transactions in fraudulent ways to evade taxes. Bayrock was a key source of capital for Trump development projects, including Trump SoHo.

As part of their investigation, Mueller’s team has issued subpoenas to banks and filed requests for bank records to foreign lenders under mutual legal assistance treaties, according to two of the people familiar with the matter.

I'm not a lawyer, but as I understand this, Mueller would not be expanding this investigation if he didn't have a pretty good reason to do so. I'd say there is at least a 50/50 chance those tightly guarded tax returns will be finding their way into Mr. Mueller's office. This may get very interesting before it's all through. It appears Donald Trump's thinly veiled threats aimed at intimidating Mr. Mueller are having no effect. 🙂

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mueller-said-to-expand-probe-to-trump-business-transactions/ar-AAovbXx?li=BBnb7Kz
  2. Germany
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 17:58
    It's not even Donald Trump specifically - the real estate business is shadier than areas not directly illuminated by sunlight. Thoroughly investigate any of the major real estate players and you're practically guaranteed to find something fishy. Better start buying up those popcorn stocks.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 Jul '17 18:02
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    It's not even Donald Trump specifically - the real estate business is shadier than areas not directly illuminated by sunlight. Thoroughly investigate any of the major real estate players and you're practically guaranteed to find something fishy. Better start buying up those popcorn stocks.
    As Star Trek's Mr. Spock once said: "I find this curiously refreshing" 😀
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 12:22
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Mueller’s team is widening his investigation to include Trump's business dealings, including looking at the Trump SoHo hotel condominium development, which was a licensing deal with Bayrock Capital LLC. In 2010, the former finance director of Bayrock filed a lawsuit claiming the firm structured transactions in fraudulent ways to evade taxes. Bayrock was a k ...[text shortened]... /news/politics/mueller-said-to-expand-probe-to-trump-business-transactions/ar-AAovbXx?li=BBnb7Kz
    I really want to see what's in those tax returns that Trump has been desperately keeping from the American people. He is the ONLY presidential candidate to EVER refuse to submit even ONE year of tax returns for public perusal. There's gotta be something in there he doesn't want us to see. Something so damning that I can even see him contemplating resigning rather than letting it be known.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 12:51
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Mueller’s team is widening his investigation to include Trump's business dealings, including looking at the Trump SoHo hotel condominium development, which was a licensing deal with Bayrock Capital LLC. In 2010, the former finance director of Bayrock filed a lawsuit claiming the firm structured transactions in fraudulent ways to evade taxes. Bayrock was a k ...[text shortened]... /news/politics/mueller-said-to-expand-probe-to-trump-business-transactions/ar-AAovbXx?li=BBnb7Kz
    Al Capone proved that taxes are a sure way to put someone in jail if you really want to bring them down.

I just hope none of Obama's former appointees are not investigated who did not pay their taxes, including the current head of the IRS.

That would just be bad.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 10:39
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    It's not even Donald Trump specifically - the real estate business is shadier than areas not directly illuminated by sunlight.
    True, but Trump has always been among the shadier of even that lot. That's why he did so well (fsvo) in Vegas.
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 13:53
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I really want to see what's in those tax returns that Trump has been desperately keeping from the American people. He is the ONLY presidential candidate to EVER refuse to submit even ONE year of tax returns for public perusal. There's gotta be something in there he doesn't want us to see. Something so damning that I can even see him contemplating resigning rather than letting it be known.
    I think you are going to get your wish. It's become clear that Mr. Mueller is not the least bit intimidated by Trump's threats. If those tax returns become public knowledge, things could get very interesting, very quickly! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree